2011 NHL Offseason

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 23 2011, 04:28 PM)
Also, sources say Flyers have traded Jeff Carter to Columbus, and Mike Richards to LA...

Yes. I saw this on tv. And signed Bryzgalov for 9 years. I went ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif :remotedrop:

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 23 2011, 06:00 PM)
Also, sources say Flyers have traded Jeff Carter to Columbus, and Mike Richards to LA...

Yes. I saw this on tv. And signed Bryzgalov for 9 years. I went ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif :remotedrop:

That makes sense then...

Probably have to free up a shit load of cap room for Bryz

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 23 2011, 05:34 PM)

That makes sense then...

Now we know how desperate they were to get a top goalie. I still think this was too high a price to pay. wacko.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 23 2011, 06:38 PM)

That makes sense then...

Now we know how desperate they were to get a top goalie. I still think this was too high a price to pay. wacko.gif

yeah and now they don't have a #1 center either...

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 23 2011, 05:44 PM)
The schedule came out today too...

"21 -- Sets of back-to-back games on the Buffalo Sabres' schedule, the most of any team in the NHL."

Two years in a row now they've had the most new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

1022.gif Oct. 7th. Hawks at Stars! 1022.gif

That makes sense then...

I'm still in shock. I didn't think they would trade Richards. I didn't think they should trade Carter, and I can't believe they signed Bryz for 9 years. I mean, I wanted him but.. 9? Wow. Must take time to process this blockbuster.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 23 2011, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 23 2011, 05:44 PM)
The schedule came out today too...

"21 -- Sets of back-to-back games on the Buffalo Sabres' schedule, the most of any team in the NHL."

Two years in a row now they've had the most new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

1022.gif Oct. 7th. Hawks at Stars! 1022.gif

The sabres open up in Helsinki, Finland this year on the 7th against the Ducks

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 23 2011, 06:49 PM)

That makes sense then...

I'm still in shock. I didn't think they would trade Richards. I didn't think they should trade Carter, and I can't believe they signed Bryz for 9 years. I mean, I wanted him but.. 9? Wow. Must take time to process this blockbuster.

A 9 year contract for a 31 year old is interesting yes.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 23 2011, 05:54 PM)

That makes sense then...

Similar to Hossa's contract with the Hawks... wacko.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 23 2011, 08:20 PM)

That makes sense then...

Or Werth's with DC... hahahahaaaaaaaa.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 23 2011, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 23 2011, 08:20 PM)

That makes sense then...

Or Werth's with DC... hahahahaaaaaaaa.

Or Ovechkin with DC. tongue.gif

What a crazy day. No kidding about Philly's desperation for a starter goalie...someone commented on Twitter that this makes Luongo's insane contract look good in comparison, because at least Vancouver didn't have to trade Henrik and Kesler to make room for it.

So I guess this kills any chance of Carter going to the Leafs, but it also takes LA and Columbus out of the running for Brad Richards, which is awesome. Burke's probably pissed though, he wanted Brayden Schenn. And oh yeah, RICK NASH HAS AN ELITE CENTRE NOW OH SHIT.

I wonder what insanity is going to ensue tomorrow at the draft...

Amusing factoids from Twitter:

June 23, 2001: Isles trade Chara, Muckalt, and the Jason Spezza pick to Ottawa for Yashin.

June 23, 2006: Panthers trade Luongo, Krajicek, and the Sergei Shirokov pick for Bertuzzi, Auld, and Allen.

June 23, 2011: FLYERS WTF

Apparently it's a great day for absolutely insane trades.