2011 CFL Thread

Tinwoodsman

Preseason has begun, it's time to get out the J5V and let'er loose.

Best of luck to all of the TRF-CFLers and their favorite teams! See you on the gridiron ... with all of your favorite body parts painted up! wink.gif

Feel free to post up your thoughts!

... the final week of CFL presason begins tonight with a double header on TSN, starting off with Montreal at Hamilton and ending with Saskatchewan at BC.

On Thursday, Toronto visits Winnipeg, and on Friday, Calgary travels a few hours down the road to Edmonton to end the preseason. Rosters will be promply trimmed or manipulated shortly thereafter.

The real bullets fly on June 30th. BC @ Montreal

... Best of luck this season folks; enjoy!

Regular season lid lifter ...

BC at Montreal tonight, any predictions?

I honestly don't know what to expect out of BC this season. I think they will have a bit of trouble moving the ball at times tonight. (inconsistency)

... Here goes nothing ... Montreal 31 BC 23

Enjoy!

Edited by Tinwoodsman

Week 1 scores so far:

Montreal 30 BC 26

Winnipeg 24 Hamilton 16

Toronto 23 Calgary 21

Sunday's game: Edmonton @ Saskatchewan 5PM CST on TSN.

Those were two very physical games on Canada Day with several nasty hits and injuries.

Week 2 games:

Friday

Toronto @ Winnipeg ... second of three consecutive road games to start the season for the Argos

Calgary @ BC

Saturday

Montreal @ Saskatchewan

Hamilton @ Edmonton

bekloppt.gif

... well, they had a rude awakening in their home opener as several CFL teams did ... and Kevin Glenn was limping all over the place in week one, so they pulled him. I'm not sure if Hammy scored any points in the second half. That was a very physical football game!

On the positive side, it's early for everyone. wink.gif The scores weren't that far apart, and all of the teams have made many changes, kind of like the NFL.

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Jul 7 2011, 08:45 PM)
bekloppt.gif

... well, they had a rude awakening in their home opener as several CFL teams did ... and Kevin Glenn was limping all over the place in week one, so they pulled him. I'm not sure if Hammy scored any points in the second half. That was a very physical football game!

On the positive side, it's early for everyone. wink.gif The scores weren't that far apart, and all of the teams have made many changes, kind of like the NFL.

Thanks bekloppt.gif

keep me updated!

It's hard to follow along here in The States

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 7 2011, 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 7 2011, 06:33 PM)
How are my Ti-Cats looking this year Tinny? laugh.gif

Bad.....one of the worst teams in the league....

Hahaha...

Argos and Bombers game tonight!

LETS GO ARRRRRRRRRRGOOOOOOS

biggrin.gif

i love football of all types,including the CFL.i wish the nfl would take after you guys and play the superbowl outside in cold weather cities where it should be played!watching a game winning drive in the superbowl with it snowing and the wind blowing is the way the championship should be played every year!

QUOTE (rollthebones1963 @ Jul 10 2011, 11:28 AM)
i love football of all types,including the CFL.i wish the nfl would take after you guys and play the superbowl outside in cold weather cities where it should be played!watching a game winning drive in the superbowl with it snowing and the wind blowing is the way the championship should be played every year!

1022.gif Right on! Thanks for the reply. I also like watching (any league) football played in poor weather conditions. It seems to bring out the youth in the players and fans. I'm just not keen on sitting outside in -25 windchill anymore ... sometimes we don't have much of a choice though, in Canada.

We have to end the season in November. A game in Jan/Feb would not be a good idea. The league has been very good at playing the championship at every venue in the league, so it has certainly has spurred the growth of the league across the nation and even into parts of the US. There are three domed stadiums available, yet people from all over the country love to come out to the prairies for a crazy week long party.

Week 2 scores:

Winnipeg 22 Toronto 16 ... Slobberknocker

Calgary 34 BC 32 ... It's always funny to see Wally f-up

Montreal 39 Sask 25 ... It's not easy being green

Edmonton 28 Hamilton 10 ... It rained cats and seals at that game.

Week 3 Games:

Thursday

Calgary 1-1 @ Winnipeg 2-0 ... I am looking forward to this game ... would anyone think I'm crazy (crazier) if I cheered for Winnipeg this season?

Friday

Toronto 1-1 @ Montreal 2-0 ... Tronnas third straight road game and they will be missing their starting RB (Boyd) ... Blowout time.

Saturday

Saskatchewan 0-2 @ Hamilton 0-2 ... the loser of this will be 0-3 to start the season. ph34r.gif

BC 0-2 @ Edmonton 2-0 This should be a spirited high scoring game.

Buckle up your chinstrap! 1287.gif

Ach! Tin...what the hell is happening to my Lions???

Wally's got to go........0-4.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 25 2011, 05:09 PM)

we're (Riders) in the same boat wink.gif

It's a race to the ruins now.

Friday late game : Sask @ BC

... good luck ... I mean it ... I wan't to see Berry and Taman get the boot!

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Aug 2 2011, 12:17 PM)

Last game (CGY @ SSK) was the only time this season i felt angry at the Riders. they gave up in the fourth quarter! it was 3 minutes left and they didn't do shit! ARGHH!

If we lose against BC on friday, i'll probably break something! wacko.gif

kinda feel bad for Greg Marshall, i get the sense that he's trying to be a great coach and trying to get the players to rely on each other instead of coaching staff but the players just don't get it! this season is very close to being a write off, kinda like the way it was in 2008 with Ken Miller's first season. hopefully next year is the year they get it all together...

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 2 2011, 08:50 PM)
Argos are playing the Als on Thursday... considering they lost horribly last time 40-17 I really don't have high hopes for my boys.

Sakes

angry.gif

I hope the result is much much better this time YBT!

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Aug 2 2011, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Aug 2 2011, 12:17 PM)

Last game (CGY @ SSK) was the only time this season i felt angry at the Riders. they gave up in the fourth quarter! it was 3 minutes left and they didn't do shit! ARGHH!

If we lose against BC on friday, i'll probably break something! wacko.gif

kinda feel bad for Greg Marshall, i get the sense that he's trying to be a great coach and trying to get the players to rely on each other instead of coaching staff but the players just don't get it! this season is very close to being a write off, kinda like the way it was in 2008 with Ken Miller's first season. hopefully next year is the year they get it all together...

Just don't break the TV, man , wink.gif there is a long way to go in an 8 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs

... and there is always next year, but ... there is also time this year to get the combine turned around. Gangreen needs to pull together, and they will need some reinforcements.

I expect to see some CFL carnage before the end of the season, and a surprise Grey Cup winner. JMO

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Aug 2 2011, 08:56 PM)
Just don't break the TV, man , wink.gif there is a long way to go in an 8 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs

... and there is always next year, but ... there is also time this year to get the combine turned around. Gangreen needs to pull together, and they will need some reinforcements.

I expect to see some CFL carnage before the end of the season, and a surprise Grey Cup winner. JMO

haha, i don't even have a tv. i have stream it from the internet sad.gif

i just hope that we're (the riders) aren't in to big of a hole when Bagg and Koch come back.

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Aug 3 2011, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Aug 2 2011, 08:56 PM)
Just don't break the TV, man ,  wink.gif  there is a long way to go in an 8 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs

... and there is always next year, but ... there is also time this year to get the combine turned around. Gangreen needs to pull together, and  they will need some reinforcements.

haha, i don't even have a tv. i have stream it from the internet sad.gif

i just hope that we're (the riders) aren't in to big of a hole when Bagg and Koch come back.

You are watching, that's what counts! 1022.gif

Bagg and Koch back would be a big boost! yes.gif