Alex & Geddy Matching T-shirts??

I originally posted this in the "Austin Review" thread, but it kind of got lost among the actual on-topic review postings...go figure. Or, maybe no one really cares about this, but I figured I'd try it as it's own thread and see if anyone knows anything about this.

I wasn't at the Austin show, but in looking at John Arrowsmith's official photos, I noticed that Alex and Geddy seem to be wearing matching t-shirts. The design on Alex's is larger than Geddy's, but it's definitely the same t-shirt.

Alex: Click Here

Geddy: Click Here

Looks like it says "Veritas Ebrietas", for which a quick Google search reveals nothing specifically, but:

Veritas = truth

Ebrietas = drunkenness/intoxication (or some butterfly genus...but let's go with drunkenness/intoxication for now)

So...Truth Through Intoxication perhaps?? Interesting perspective...but still wondering why they are wearing matching shirts, as I don't recall them ever doing that before.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jun 15 2011, 11:50 AM)
I originally posted this in the "Austin Review" thread, but it kind of got lost among the actual on-topic review postings...go figure. Or, maybe no one really cares about this, but I figured I'd try it as it's own thread and see if anyone knows anything about this.

I wasn't at the Austin show, but in looking at John Arrowsmith's official photos, I noticed that Alex and Geddy seem to be wearing matching t-shirts. The design on Alex's is larger than Geddy's, but it's definitely the same t-shirt.

Alex: Click Here

Geddy: Click Here

Looks like it says "Veritas Ebrietas", for which a quick Google search reveals nothing specifically, but:

Veritas = truth
Ebrietas = drunkenness/intoxication (or some butterfly genus...but let's go with drunkenness/intoxication for now)

So...Truth Through Intoxication perhaps?? Interesting perspective...but still wondering why they are wearing matching shirts, as I don't recall them ever doing that before.

I could be way off, but given Neil's disdain for anyone else's version of what they believe to be truth, other than his own and especially when it comes to religion, my first glance "guess" would be it has something to do with that. It seems to me I remember the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John being displayed similarly like that in history. But again, to stress...that is just a guess.

Another guess: I "think" Alex might be getting into wine-making/owning his own winery. It seems to me I read that somewhere?? It certainly looks like it could also be a wine-label and that saying certainly sounds like something Alex would put on his brand.

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 15 2011, 12:30 PM)
...another guess: I "think" Alex might be getting into wine-making/owning his own winery. It seems to me I read that somewhere?? It certainly looks like it could also be a wine-label and that saying certainly sounds like something Alex would put on his brand.

^ that's a good guess

even if they're not setting up a legitimate winery, maybe they're at least having fun with the idea/graphic design of it

and yeah - those are def. matching shirts:

user posted image

Another guess: I "think" Alex might be getting into wine-making/owning his own winery. It seems to me I read that somewhere?? It certainly looks like it could also be a wine-label and that saying certainly sounds like something Alex would put on his brand.

Very possible. I now seem to recall reading something about Alex and Geddy doing some kind of internship at a couple wineries not too long ago. Maybe these shirts are from that??

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 15 2011, 11:56 AM)
...another guess: I "think" Alex might be getting into wine-making/owning his own winery. It seems to me I read that somewhere?? It certainly looks like it could also be a wine-label and that saying certainly sounds like something Alex would put on his brand.

^ that's a good guess

even if they're not setting up a legitimate winery, maybe they're at least having fun with the idea/graphic design of it

and yeah - those are def. matching shirts:

user posted image

Looks like they're Hogwarts fans ...