The Cars And Duran Duran Did It

presto123

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 12 2011, 10:38 PM)
I don't think Rush can but that's because every album is so different. Plus Hemispheres pretty much is perfection, and the band knows that, which is why they don't make those albums tongue.gif

Honestly, though, Hemispheres is about balance, and if that is not perfect nothing is. The playing is their own best, and the melodies and rhythms are so unique. Circumstances is a philosophical juggernaut in a short amount of time. The Trees takes you into a wild scene and let's you interpret is as you wish. And LVS is LVS. There is just nothing Rush can do like this anymore and they know that.

Moving Pictures is very different and yet it can be their best. Some say 2112 is the best for what it symbolizes. Some say HYF. Really, rush doesn't have a masterpiece, except Hemi...Rush itself is the masterpiece.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 12 2011, 10:28 PM)
There is a misconception by most people that classic bands cannot put out records at the end of their careers that rival their best work. And usually I would say this is true but just within the last month I have bought releases by these two bands that truthfully I would put toe to toe with any of their best stuff IMO. I am thrilled with these records and I haven't said that about a release in a long time. Amazingly both sound like they stepped out of a time machine and continued on. I think it takes a willingness to go back somewhat and embrace the signature sound that made you a unique band and pushed you over the edge. Can Rush do this as well? I think they are too afraid of repeating themselves to go all the way back(nor would a lot of people want them to) but I do think CA will be a great record. Not rivaling their best though like I feel about the latest two from these 80's pop bands.

The Cars - "Move Like This" is simply fantastic.

If you haven't heard it yet, you owe it to yourself to pick it up.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 9 2012, 05:22 PM)
There is a misconception by most people that classic bands cannot put out records at the end of their careers that rival their best work. And usually I would say this is true but just within the last month I have bought releases by these two bands that truthfully I would put toe to toe with any of their best stuff IMO. I am thrilled with these records and I haven't said that about a release in a long time. Amazingly both sound like they stepped out of a time machine and continued on. I think it takes a willingness to go back somewhat and embrace the signature sound that made you a unique band and pushed you over the edge. Can Rush do this as well? I think they are too afraid of repeating themselves to go all the way back(nor would a lot of people want them to) but I do think CA will be a great record. Not rivaling their best though like I feel about the latest two from these 80's pop bands.

You said that right. Being that we are on the verge of summer it's about time to break it out again. Great summer cruisin record.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 9 2012, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 9 2012, 05:22 PM)

You said that right. Being that we are on the verge of summer it's about time to break it out again. Great summer cruisin record.

+1

Move Like This was terrific.

QUOTE (markdraws @ Apr 10 2012, 02:43 PM)
And now Van Halen has done it! Their latest with Diamond Dave is 'dare I say it' ... brilliant.

Guess I need to listen again. I listened to about half of every track a while back and I didn't think it even compared to classic VH. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 12 2011, 10:38 PM)
I don't think Rush can but that's because every album is so different. Plus Hemispheres pretty much is perfection, and the band knows that, which is why they don't make those albums tongue.gif

I agree totally. There is something about that LP that doesn't make me ever get tired of listening to it (since July 1979 when I got it).

As a guitar player, just jamming to those songs are so gratifying.

I think that Clockwork, along with the narrative of the story, may capture some of that excitement. I dunno, I'm not trying to relive Rush's past glory, but I would love to hear some epic instrumentals.

Did I go off topic?? sorry