Portal 2

King Whompus

Anybody play this yet? It's amazing! It has a single and multiplayer campaign (Only played single player so far, due to PSN being down) If you buy the PS3 version, you get the pc version for free. But you need to activate it on a separate computer and it can't be done until psn is back up. It is cross-platform, which means you can play with people on pc while playing on your ps3, and vice-versa.

I give this game a 9.5/10. It has an excellent mix of brain teasers and humor. I strongly recommend it!

I loved the first Portal (even though I don't own a copy, I borrowed a copy of the Orange Box)....

And I picked this up yesterday.... I am in the middle of chapter 3 right now... so damn fun... can't wait till the PSN is back up and can jump in on co-op..

I do have a question, I would like to get a copy of Portal 1, but I really don't want to buy the whole Orange Box disc just for Portal.... is the first Portal available on the PSN store, by itself?

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 7 2011, 10:14 AM)
I loved the first Portal (even though I don't own a copy, I borrowed a copy of the Orange Box)....

And I picked this up yesterday.... I am in the middle of chapter 3 right now... so damn fun... can't wait till the PSN is back up and can jump in on co-op..

I do have a question, I would like to get a copy of Portal 1, but I really don't want to buy the whole Orange Box disc just for Portal.... is the first Portal available on the PSN store, by itself?

If you are (extremely) lucky, you could get the 1st Portal for PC, but not PS3. The orange box i believe runs around $20 though. I've been hesitant to get it myself because i've heard the frame-rate was terrible for the PS3.

Anyway i just beat the game a couple days ago. The ending is AMAZING!

Finally beat the game (not much time to play due to new job).... Valve has outdone themselves.... hopefully PSN will be back online soon and I can jump on the co-op

The ending song (Want You Gone) was great.... but you cannot compare it to "Still Alive"

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 10 2011, 03:11 PM)
I guess it wasn't made for PS3

Valve makes their games for PC and ports them to the consoles. They PS3 version is the better of the two consoles because you can connect it to steam and get a free PC copy. Also, once user content comes out, you will be able to access it just as easily as PC users. Xbox users however, may have a harder time because since steam isn't available to connect with the xboxes, any new content needs to be evaluated by microsoft UNLESS they find a way to bypass it like super meat boy did.

I think this is an amazing game. The game was fairly easy but the story, characters, voice acting; it was all great. One of the best games I've played. I can't wait to tackle coop once my friends get the game.

If anyone wants to tackle coop with me on XBLA, add me:

Gamertag: USB Connector

Steam usually has these ridiculous sales, and they could be pretty much any time. I got the orange box for $10. Portal 2 will surely be sold for some crazy-low price some day as well.

There is TONS of easter eggs in this series. Seriously, try to find them all, and once you give up, do lots of google research, because it is SO worth it. Very creepy, very mindblowing, and just insane, overall.

If you haven't read this http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/

yet, you need to - it connects the happenings between portal 1 and 2.

It's EXTREMELY important.

The infinite mysteries to this game will never be revealed.

Edited by Steel Rat

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ May 18 2011, 03:29 PM)
Steam usually has these ridiculous sales, and they could be pretty much any time. I got the orange box for $10. Portal 2 will surely be sold for some crazy-low price some day as well.

There is TONS of easter eggs in this series. Seriously, try to find them all, and once you give up, do lots of google research, because it is SO worth it. Very creepy, very mindblowing, and just insane, overall.

If you beat portal 1 with the new patch, you get the general idea of what happens between the two games. However, the comic has more detail and is absolutely hilarious.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 18 2011, 02:38 PM)

If you beat portal 1 with the new patch, you get the general idea of what happens between the two games. However, the comic has more detail and is absolutely hilarious.

actually, the comic is absolutely necessary. Not only does it show how portal 2 begins, but it shows lots of extremely vital backstory to the facility as a whole.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ May 18 2011, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 18 2011, 02:38 PM)

actually, the comic is absolutely necessary. Not only does it show how portal 2 begins, but it shows lots of extremely vital backstory to the facility as a whole.

Back story is not necessary for the understanding of the game. There's more than enough hints that spell it all out for you during the second half of Portal 2.

I am loving the ending song of Portal 2 "Want you gone" is fantastic, but not as good as "Still Alive" (but then again nothing will be as good as "Still Alive")

I have to admit, I've never owned a copy of Portal 1... I have played and beat it several times... the first time on a freinds PC... and the another time on a rented copy of the Orange Box.

I would want to buy the Orange Box, but 1. I really don't want to just for Portal, and 2. The PS3 port of the Orange Box is really choppy and bad....

I am just gonna wait and hope for Portal 1 to come to the Playstation Store

I keep hearing about this game.

EVERYWHERE.

So I've never been that much into video games, but it seems like all my friends just can't say enough about how great it is. I consider myself a "casual gamer" or whatever. Is it worth checking out anyways?

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 29 2011, 01:34 PM)
EVERYWHERE.

So I've never been that much into video games, but it seems like all my friends just can't say enough about how great it is. I consider myself a "casual gamer" or whatever. Is it worth checking out anyways?

Absolutely. I would recommend you play through the first Portal if you want to get all of the jokes (which takes about 5 hours) but you can still jump into Portal 2 right away. However, you may find some of the puzzles more demanding because it expects you to grasp certain concepts quickly as opposed to Portal 1 where they are made more obvious.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 29 2011, 05:10 PM)
EVERYWHERE.

Absolutely. I would recommend you play through the first Portal if you want to get all of the jokes (which takes about 5 hours) but you can still jump into Portal 2 right away. However, you may find some of the puzzles more demanding because it expects you to grasp certain concepts quickly as opposed to Portal 1 where they are made more obvious.

I thought P2 was way easier than the original. It seemed like they were afraid that you wouldn't be able to admire the scenery if you had to really work hard on the puzzle. Not that that is a complaint; I love both games.

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ May 29 2011, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 29 2011, 05:10 PM)
EVERYWHERE.

I thought P2 was way easier than the original. It seemed like they were afraid that you wouldn't be able to admire the scenery if you had to really work hard on the puzzle. Not that that is a complaint; I love both games.

It was, but only if you were a P1 veteran. I brought it over to a friend's house and explained the portal system and how it worked and it took him over 3 hours to get halfway through the first set of test chambers. I told him to check out Portal 1 and he beat it in a day. Now we're doing coop in P2 and we breeze through it because he went through P1 which showed every possible way you could use momentum in portals.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 25 2011, 11:41 AM)
Just picked it up this weekend. It was onsale at Target for $35 I believe, I had a $10 card so it was less than $30 total with tax.

Love it!

It's my favorite game this year so far. The puzzles, the background story, the easter eggs, Stephen Merchant as Wheatly, Spidermans boss as Cave Johnson, the Co-op, and free DLC coming out! My god I love this game!

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Jul 28 2011, 01:11 AM)
I suck at the game. It's fun, but I'm even slower than the average person playing it.

I love the bit with the smooth jazz, though. Wish it wouldn't have stopped.

And Wheatley is a great character.

Which part of the game with smooth jazz? The part with the radio from the garbage chute?