and the depression sets in..

liddybuck01

QUOTE (ericplayzbass @ Apr 15 2011, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (Valhalla610 @ Apr 15 2011, 09:27 AM)
So he blew a chance to hang backstage with Rush after a show banghead.gif

I would have literally punched him in the face right there.

Well, I wasn't with him at the time, I had much better seats. Believe me, the events of his evening did not end at the concert. There was a bit of hell to pay when he finally staggered home in the wee hours of the morning to find his wife waiting up for him firedevil.gif I'm not sure when he's gonna be able to go to a concert again. I offered him some extra tickets I had to Robert Plant last night and he was like "Uhm, well, I don't know, man" bd.gif

QUOTE (zogoto @ Apr 15 2011, 02:27 AM)
Find other active bands you enjoy as well. I'm seeing Voivod on Sunday, Rush next month, and then going to a big music festival where Coroner will be playing in June. Pretty good set up, if I say so myself.

what is this "other bands" you speak of?

QUOTE (zogoto @ Apr 15 2011, 02:27 AM)
Find other active bands you enjoy as well. I'm seeing Voivod on Sunday, Rush next month, and then going to a big music festival where Coroner will be playing in June. Pretty good set up, if I say so myself.

that would be great if any of the other bands I like were doing anything right now, but they aren't. even if they were, other circumstances in my life right now would prevent me from going. as in, I'm broke. lol

I wouldn't feel so bad. At least you weren't like my friend (who also happens to be originally from Toronto) at the Sunrise gig two weeks ago. He got tickets in the ADT suite. Not the best seats as they're third level and far from the stage. But it includes free food and drinks trink39.gif The line at the bar was long but they were allowed three at a time, so that's what he was getting for himself trink38.gif By the end of the show he was several sheets to the wind. When the concert ended, a well connected buddy of his calls him. This guy had backstage acccess and was allowed to bring a few friends with him and was inviting my friend to come down. My friend was just too obliterated to go and declined ohmy.gif Probably should have just kept to the cool10.gif So he blew a chance to hang backstage with Rush after a show banghead.gif

I find that post interesting and was also at the Sunrise show. My best friend manages security there and told me that the band was out of the arena before the show trailer video was halfway through.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 02:56 PM)
So he blew a chance to hang backstage with Rush after a show banghead.gif

I find that post interesting and was also at the Sunrise show. My best friend manages security there and told me that the band was out of the arena before the show trailer video was halfway through.

tapermike, I have no reason to dispute what you say and it's most likely true. When I think about it, I don't know why the band would want to hang out in some stinky locker room in the bowels of the BAC after the show. I was merely relaying the story as it was told to me. My friend is not one to fabricate tales so perhaps his "connected" buddy was just messing with him knowing he was blotto. Or maybe there was an after show party at some other location than the arena that he was being invited to. I dunno confused13.gif Still, it makes for a cool story to tell the grandkids some day biggrin.gif

And to the OP, grab a copy of the recording from the Toledo show that turned up and relive the evening. It should ease you out of your funk. Works for me anyway cool.gif

Sorry for the thread hijack...

Peace,

John G.

Totally know how you feel...have been feeling the same way this week. Granted, 17th row in Hershey was way better than next to LAST row in Syracuse, but having them reschedule the show I had 7th row tix for, and not listening to my boyfriend who wanted to go to Cleveland in the first place (though I'd have had to give up the other shows for that one, but it may have been worth it, especially with Toledo rescheduled) totally bums me out. Add to that that my pics didn't come out in Hershey, and if I'd brought my camera (which I probably could have), I'd have had better pics.

Like you say, I think it's tough watching other people get to so many shows when I've been to only two. Even with Toledo, it would have been only three. I feel like there aren't going to be too many tours left...I've got to do better than this!

I try to rememeber these things when I get feeling like this: I'll never catch up to the people who have been to 50+ shows; I just came way too late to the game for that. I have to be glad I got to it at all. I have to stop judging myself against everyone else and remember how good Rush made ME feel...after all, I think it was them who said, "Live for yourself -- there's no one else More worth living for". We have to look AHEAD: maybe by next year we can save more money, or maybe we'll be in a better job situation, and can go to more shows, or have better seats, or win a meet and greet. Whatever we do, we can't look behind (except to remember how cool Rush was).

The only important thing, at the end of the day, is whether or not we're Rush fans. As long as anyone who knows or meets us would recognize THAT, we're more than fine. And not alone hug2.gif

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 03:56 PM)
I wouldn't feel so bad. At least you weren't like my friend (who also happens to be originally from Toronto) at the Sunrise gig two weeks ago. He got tickets in the ADT suite. Not the best seats as they're third level and far from the stage. But it includes free food and drinks trink39.gif The line at the bar was long but they were allowed three at a time, so that's what he was getting for himself trink38.gif  By the end of the show he was several sheets to the wind. When the concert ended, a well connected buddy of his calls him. This guy had backstage acccess and was allowed to bring a few friends with him and was inviting my friend to come down. My friend was just too obliterated to go and declined ohmy.gif Probably should have just kept to the  cool10.gif So he blew a chance to hang backstage with Rush after a show banghead.gif

From my seats at MSG last Sunday, I was able to see Geddy, Alex, & Neil run off stage into their limo. There was some sort of drive through tunnel-like passage that went behind the stage where their limo was waiting. The second the show was over, they ran, threw their guitars to a stagehand, jumped in and the limo took off.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 16 2011, 08:23 PM)
Totally know how you feel...have been feeling the same way this week. Granted, 17th row in Hershey was way better than next to LAST row in Syracuse, but having them reschedule the show I had 7th row tix for, and not listening to my boyfriend who wanted to go to Cleveland in the first place (though I'd have had to give up the other shows for that one, but it may have been worth it, especially with Toledo rescheduled) totally bums me out. Add to that that my pics didn't come out in Hershey, and if I'd brought my camera (which I probably could have), I'd have had better pics.

Like you say, I think it's tough watching other people get to so many shows when I've been to only two. Even with Toledo, it would have been only three. I feel like there aren't going to be too many tours left...I've got to do better than this!

I try to rememeber these things when I get feeling like this: I'll never catch up to the people who have been to 50+ shows; I just came way too late to the game for that. I have to be glad I got to it at all. I have to stop judging myself against everyone else and remember how good Rush made ME feel...after all, I think it was them who said, "Live for yourself -- there's no one else More worth living for". We have to look AHEAD: maybe by next year we can save more money, or maybe we'll be in a better job situation, and can go to more shows, or have better seats, or win a meet and greet. Whatever we do, we can't look behind (except to remember how cool Rush was).

The only important thing, at the end of the day, is whether or not we're Rush fans. As long as anyone who knows or meets us would recognize THAT, we're more than fine. And not alone hug2.gif

Although it is a lame feeling, im glad im not alone, so thank you.

Today is going to bum me out tho since im only an hour away from the auburn hills show. It especially sucks because i know ill just be sitting here with nothing to distract me. Thats the worst part.