Alberto Contador banned and stripped of TDF Title

alphseeker

I care

Luke Skywalker.

Seriously, I have been following this for a while and it's crazy. Based on everything I have read the most likely cause is not contaminated meat but by re-infusing his own blood that had previously been removed and frozen which is still pretty common. That explains why he only came up positive once and earlier reports said that they found placticizer (particles from the IV bags) in his sample that tested positive. If the cheating is as bad as everyone has contended then the only way it seems the sport can clear itself is to see average speeds for these tours decline which hasn't happened yet.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jan 26 2011, 06:04 PM)
I care
Luke Skywalker.

Seriously, I have been following this for a while and it's crazy. Based on everything I have read the most likely cause is not contaminated meat but by re-infusing his own blood that had previously been removed and frozen which is still pretty common. That explains why he only came up positive once and earlier reports said that they found placticizer (particles from the IV bags) in his sample that tested positive. If the cheating is as bad as everyone has contended then the only way it seems the sport can clear itself is to see average speeds for these tours decline which hasn't happened yet.

I have no doubts he was cheating - He didn't look that good in last years race and Andy was on top of his game - Especially on the Col du Tourmalet when Andy couldn't drop him -

Sad for Andy because we'll never know if he would have won it out right -

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jan 27 2011, 08:20 PM)
Looks like Schleck is going to get the title. In my mind, the last great champion in the sport was Miguel Indurain. He was amazing in the 1990s.

He was awesome - What was amazing with Big Mig was that he was a behemoth in cycling - 6'2" and about 180 which is crazy considering the way he climbed -

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 26 2011, 03:40 PM)
I know there's only about 5 of you on the rush forum who care but i have to laugh at this -

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/01/new...ial-says_157185

I care...but I am not surprised. I believe that every racer at this level is using every and all substances available to maintain their edge. The game is to stay ahead of the testing protocol and technology. A certain 7-time TdF winner has the best chemists money can buy so I believe he's just better at the game than most of the others. But the "good guys" are getting better, fast, and they're not always telling the "bad guys" what they've done to get better...sooooo, guys like Contador, who thought they were ahead of the testing curve get caught with their plasticizers showing! I think it's only a matter of time before even the most elusive get caught.

Yeah, things aren't looking good for Alberto, that's for sure.

It is such a shame, because professional cycling is such a great sport and the world just thinks the whole sport is dirty.

The biggest shame of it all is that ANdy Schleck should have been on top of that podium in Paris.

This year, he'll have Frank the whole way through and he should get his Tour win.

No one is surprised but maybe NOW is the time this beautiful sport start to get serious and cleans itself so the world can really appreciate the beauty of the sport.

Peace