Rush newsletter presale help for June/July shows

chanceman

Well let me start off by saying what an awesome place to meet fellow Rush fan(atic)s smile.gif

So I got the email about these dates and quite literally died when I saw that they are coming to Phoenix. So I go to ticketmaster to get the tickets for rush.com newsletter folks with the code BU2B, but all I see is the Citi card presale and the Time Machine tour package. Am I going insane or am I using the wrong ticket vendor for the presale? I don't know where else to get help sad.gif

I know this isn't ticketmaster tech support, but you guys seem to have a greater knowledge of how Rush presales work than I do. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Pre-sale info

Go here: Music Today

You get this message:

An email has been sent to the address you entered. In order to complete your registration for the Rush Fan Community, open the email and click on the link supplied to validate your email address. After validation is complete, you will be returned to the events page. From that point on, you will be able to enter the Fan Community at any time by logging in using this email address.

Then this:

In order to purchase tickets you will need to create a unique username and password during the ticket buying process. Save Time! Set up your ticketing account early. Click "Your Account" on the top right side of this screen.

Set up an account and register for the pre-sale.

Oh, and WELCOME!!! trink39.gif

Edited by HowItIs

I've come to the realization that the only ways to get excellent seats (with 10 rows of the stage) is to purchase the VIP package or buy from a broker. I've tried to go through the standard pre-sales for past tours and got burned several times. The "fan club" pre-sales through Music Today are a joke. The best seats I ever got that way were about 20 rows back. The sad truth is that there is no way to guarantee that the best seats get into the hands of fans and not to brokers. On the second leg of the TM tour I selected the VIP package and got 4th row on the first try. So there you go, end of story for me. I will go this route for every future show that I want to attend.

Your experience may vary.

QUOTE (chanceman @ Jan 20 2011, 03:57 AM)
So I got the email about these dates and quite literally died...

You...died? So, are you the skeleton from Roll The Bones? cool.gif Welcome to the forum!

Seriously, don't mind me...you're going to have a fabulous time at the show! My first was last year, and I felt like I woke UP from the dead, so your life's just on hold for a bit. Enjoy the board and see you around in the meantime!

Here's the info for KDKB and Live Nation presales in Phoenix:

KDKB presale runs today only (Friday, 1/21) from 10am-5pm.

The password is KDKB.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/19004595...S:807344:205079

Live Nation presale runs today only (Friday, 1/21) from 10am-5pm.

The password is rockstar

http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aY3504...0_5382271_Z.htm