The Gorge - Good or Bad

Spike

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 2 2011, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 31 2011, 03:43 PM)
15th row! I want to meet you!

You want to know what's weird, or scary, depending on your point of view. The last time I saw Rush at the gorge, I was in section 103, row 15, seat 29. For this next show, I'm in section 103, row 15, seat 26. It was not planned that way or anything.

Janie: I'm section 103, 13th row, seats 29 & 30. Wondering how far to the left that is and how good the view over to Ged's side is? Also if you'd like, say "hi". I'll be the REALLY tall guy (6'6") most likely in the white GUP t-shirt with another really tall guy (my brother, same height).

Those seats are pretty good. I wish I had taken my camera with me. I could show you exactly what your view will be like.

I'll saunter on over and say 'hi' bekloppt.gif . It'll be funny meeting everyone because I only know people by their username. "Hi Rushchick! Hi Spike! Hi driventotheedge!"

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 2 2011, 10:09 AM)

You want to know what's weird, or scary, depending on your point of view. The last time I saw Rush at the gorge, I was in section 103, row 15, seat 29. For this next show, I'm in section 103, row 15, seat 26. It was not planned that way or anything.

Janie: I'm section 103, 13th row, seats 29 & 30. Wondering how far to the left that is and how good the view over to Ged's side is? Also if you'd like, say "hi". I'll be the REALLY tall guy (6'6") most likely in the white GUP t-shirt with another really tall guy (my brother, same height).

Those seats are pretty good. I wish I had taken my camera with me. I could show you exactly what your view will be like.

I'll saunter on over and say 'hi' bekloppt.gif . It'll be funny meeting everyone because I only know people by their username. "Hi Rushchick! Hi Spike! Hi driventotheedge!"

Pfft! You know my name, you looney! laugh.gif

I'll know it's you by the elated screams of joy and lust towards Lerxst. wink.gif

Not sure what I'll be wearing, but rest assured I will look hot for Geddy. laugh.gif

I saw the T4E tour at The Gorge back in '97 and it was spectacular. We only had lawn seats but I remember the sound being good and I always prefer outdoor venues when I can get them. My friends and I camped out for the evening and the fact that it was in the middle of nowhere didn't bother me since it was on the way back to Idaho from Seattle. The campground was a huge Rush party all night long so I wouldn't recommend it if you have small children or are just looking to sleep. I had a great time just wandering around with a few beers and eventually stumbled on a bongo drum session with people taking turns and when I got there a guy was singing the Fountain of Lamneth. Not something I ever expected to see but awesome regardless.

Thanks for ther info Janie, and looking forward to the "hi".

BTW, I'm 3rd row dead freakin' center for Portland 5 days earlier!! 1022.gif 653.gif .....as Tom Petty wrote, "the waiting is the hardest part".

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 2 2011, 01:10 PM)

BTW, I'm 3rd row dead freakin' center for Portland 5 days earlier!! 1022.gif 653.gif .....as Tom Petty wrote, "the waiting is the hardest part".

You seriously scored some awesome tickets for the Portland show! ohmy.gif You are going to have such an awesome time being that close to the action.

BTW, when we're looking for each other at the gorge show, I'll be the tall brunette a few rows in back of you. Can't miss me as I'm sure I'll be carrying a barf bag and convulsing wildly. Betcha can't wait to say hi. wink.gif

Apollo Posted on Feb 2 2011, 08:54 AM
  I saw the T4E tour at The Gorge back in '97 and it was spectacular. We only had lawn seats but I remember the sound being good and I always prefer outdoor venues when I can get them. My friends and I camped out for the evening and the fact that it was in the middle of nowhere didn't bother me since it was on the way back to Idaho from Seattle. The campground was a huge Rush party all night long so I wouldn't recommend it if you have small children or are just looking to sleep. I had a great time just wandering around with a few beers and eventually stumbled on a bongo drum session with people taking turns and when I got there a guy was singing the Fountain of Lamneth. Not something I ever expected to see but awesome regardless. 

Mental images like this make me wish I were 21 again. cool10.gif

BTW, when we're looking for each other at the gorge show, I'll be the tall brunette a few rows in back of you. Can't miss me as I'm sure I'll be carrying a barf bag and convulsing wildly. Betcha can't wait to say hi. 

Mental images like this make me glad I'm not 21 again. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 2 2011, 04:44 PM)

unsure.gif

Perhaps I should explain...

Barf bag and convulsing because Alex Lifeson is so damn hot he makes me nervous.

It's not right to be that good looking.

I hear ya! And don't forget a bib for this - drool1.gif LOL

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 2 2011, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 2 2011, 01:10 PM)

You seriously scored some awesome tickets for the Portland show! ohmy.gif You are going to have such an awesome time being that close to the action.

BTW, when we're looking for each other at the gorge show, I'll be the tall brunette a few rows in back of you. Can't miss me as I'm sure I'll be carrying a barf bag and convulsing wildly. Betcha can't wait to say hi. wink.gif

OK, chick drooling on herself with brunette hair. rofl3.gif

Yeah, I think I got it. Looking forward to it. smile.gif