If you view this thread, post in it

Steel Rat

If you were in any way linked or directed to this thread and are now reading this sentence or any post below, post in this thread.

If you want to view the multiple pages, you will have to reply every time you're finished reading one page, or you will rack up views for every page you view without replying.

Our goal is to have a ratio better than 1 reply for every 2 views. To accomplish this, reply multiple times without leaving the thread.

If you want to cheat:

QUOTE (ghostworks)
step 1. select "Quick Reply"

step 2. type something

3. click "Add Reply" and almost at the exact same time, quickly as you can, press your esc key

3. this will stop the auto refresh and it will appear as if your post didn't go through (even though it did)

4. select and erase the text from the Quick Reply box, and start again at step 1

Also, mind the 6 second flood control.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
an attempt, then, at the closest post/view ratio.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 7 2011, 04:46 PM)
Won't happen - guests can read, but not post!

indeed

but a little experiment is due here

there are currently 4 replies and 11 views

this post will up that number (5 replies, 11 views)

if I stay in the thread and post six more times (11 replies) and no one views the thread in that interval, will the stats be even (11/11)?

let's check

So we'll have to beat 3 for 14. Or how about 1 for 3.

I think by posting, you automatically add 2 views (one for entering the thread to post, and one for being redirected to the thread after posting) so 1 for 2 is impossible.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 7 2011, 04:52 PM)
I think by posting, you automatically add 2 views (one for entering the thread to post, and one for being redirected to the thread after posting) so 1 for 2 is impossible.

is that true?

We're looking good so far, better than 1 for 2

I guess when you consistently reply without leaving the thread, you only add one view, so the key is to stay in the thread.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 7 2011, 04:56 PM)
I guess when you consistently reply without leaving the thread, you only add one view, so the key is to stay in the thread.

if that's true, we could (potentially) 'even' the score

Archived