Twin Peaks

GrandDesigner

I just started watching this show after hearing about it for years and years. I was able to check out both season from my library and I just finished season 1. HOLY SHIT!! What an awesome show!! I've always been a big David Lynch fan, and it's cool to see his style of film converted into a television series. Sucks it only lasted two seasons.

Anyone love this show as well?

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Dec 12 2010, 04:47 PM)
I just started watching this show after hearing about it for years and years. I was able to check out both season from my library and I just finished season 1. HOLY SHIT!! What an awesome show!! I've always been a big David Lynch fan, and it's cool to see his style of film converted into a television series. Sucks it only lasted two seasons.

Anyone love this show as well?

I was a fan of it at first, until they dragged it out and used just about every cast member as a suspect. It ended up having a huge second season that sucked the life out of the original story and left it meandering all over the place, eventually setting up a movie version. And they still came up with a totally unsatisfactory ending after all that time...

It was one of those shows i'd heard about for years. I was a little too young when it came out 20 years ago to have considered watching it. But there's this horror/suspense channel called 'Chiller' and when they first started a few years ago they showed repeats of it and that's when I watched it.

It was a pretty good show but unfortunately it was one of those series that just wasn't meant to last that long. You could only drag on the "who killed Laura Palmer?" story for so long before you had to reveal who it was. Once they did that the show didn't have much of a point to it but it was very entertaining up until then.

I never saw 'Fire Walk With Me' but i'm not sure if I should since I haven't heard many good things about it.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Possible spoilers!!!!!!!

Yeah, agree with the others here. I'm old enough to remember when it was on tv and there was never any show like that one. Watching it now I can't believe it ever aired- it just seemed too weird and out there for network television. Staying on topic I still break out the dvd's every now and then and still think it's a fantastic show- that is until Laura's killer is revealed then it's all downhill from there. Too many "other" characters introduced and it just became too soap operish for me.