Ft. Lauderdale, Opening Night!

losingit2k

Need a little help here.....I'm a Chicagoan who will be visiting in-laws in FT Myers Beach that week and am working selling the idea of a short road trip for opening night to the wife, and have some question about Bank Atlantic.

How have shows drawn there in the past?

Would I be able to get some decent seats a month or week before via ticketmaster or evening of at the box office? Not looking to go the scalper route but at least get in the building with a 1st or 2nd level seat?

Is the arena easy to get to?

Parking fees?

Surrounding area decent?

Hotels or restaurants within walking distance?

Any assistance that people could offer would greatly hep my cause!

QUOTE (tpn911 @ Dec 2 2010, 12:37 PM)
Need a little help here.....I'm a Chicagoan who will be visiting in-laws in FT Myers Beach that week and am working selling the idea of a short road trip for opening night to the wife, and have some question about Bank Atlantic.

Would I be able to get some decent seats a month or week before via ticketmaster or evening of at the box office? Not looking to go the scalper route but at least get in the building with a 1st or 2nd level seat?

Parking fees?

Surrounding area decent?

1. The shows usually sell out here! I would suggest you get your tickets through the presale or when they go on sale. If not through a broker!

2. From Ft. Myers take (Alligator Alley East ) I 75 South or East how ever the hell theyhave it over there towards Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale! stay on it All the way until you hit the Sawgrass Expressway North!You can't miss it! You'll see the Arena before anything else out there as you're driving in! Just make sure you take the Sawgrass Expy North at the interchange! and get off at the Surnrise Blvd , then take Panther parkway all the way in! Or just drive straight into the Arena through its own exit but you'll have to pay toll and

$ 20.00 for parking at the arena!

3.. The Sawgrass Mall is right across from them Arena, Great food and shopping! You can park there as well and walk across the streets with everyone else. But if you still desire to park at the Arena it will cost you $20.00!

4.The area is the best in South Florida! You can fine anything from Resturants to a new automobile! Sawgrass Mall is just across the street As I mentioned before,. Great shopping, resturants, Movies its all within walking distance!

Have a great time! and enjoy the 2.gif !

Well if there are any changes we are going to be the first to know!

1022.gif

I hope they some how bring out any of the following:

Jacobs ladder

Cut to the chase

Middletown Dreams

Countdown

Lock and Key

Test for Echo

Available Light

Cold Fire

Any of these would rock in place of Faithless, and please replace "Leave that thing Alone!" with "Where's my Thing?" Specially since they are filming the tour now in Cleveland!

I saw the TM finally in WPB and now I'll get to see opening night in FL it doesn't get any better than that. Until I travel up north and see them there. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Dec 13 2010, 05:45 PM)
I saw the TM finally in WPB and now I'll get to see opening night in FL it doesn't get any better than that. Until I travel up north and see them there. biggrin.gif

Where Cleveland?

1022.gif

We will be driving over from Cape Coral the day of. (I am less than 30 minutes from Ft Myers Beach) You take I 75 across alligator alley and the venue is less than 10 minutes from when the alley ends. Takes us 2-2 1/2 hours. Very easy drive. If you have questions about Bank Atlantic Center, let me know... I saw Rush there on the S&A tour and have seen half a dozen other shows there.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Dec 2 2010, 01:47 PM)

Parking fees?

Surrounding area decent?

1. The shows usually sell out here! I would suggest you get your tickets through the presale or when they go on sale. If not through a broker!

2. From Ft. Myers take (Alligator Alley East ) I 75 South or East how ever the hell theyhave it over there towards Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale! stay on it All the way until you hit the Sawgrass Expressway North!You can't miss it! You'll see the Arena before anything else out there as you're driving in! Just make sure you take the Sawgrass Expy North at the interchange! and get off at the Surnrise Blvd , then take Panther parkway all the way in! Or just drive straight into the Arena through its own exit but you'll have to pay toll and

$ 20.00 for parking at the arena!

3.. The Sawgrass Mall is right across from them Arena, Great food and shopping! You can park there as well and walk across the streets with everyone else. But if you still desire to park at the Arena it will cost you $20.00!

4.The area is the best in South Florida! You can fine anything from Resturants to a new automobile! Sawgrass Mall is just across the street As I mentioned before,. Great shopping, resturants, Movies its all within walking distance!

Have a great time! and enjoy the 2.gif !

I never park at the venue. Not with Sawgrass across the way! Not to worry, there will be thousands of people walking across the street and police always direct the traffic and account for pedestrians.

Mall has just about everything you could need and there are hotels close by. Huge huge mall. Gives you somewhere close to the venue to hang out and play count the Rush shirts.

The S&A show there in 2008 was a sell out. I would get tickets in advance as soon as you can. Usually bands can sell out Bank Atlantic pretty easily.