Hello from a female, 22 year old Rush fan!

MyMindIsNotForRent

QUOTE (spro @ Nov 23 2010, 07:52 AM)
i`ve been a Rush fan since 1973 and i took my daughter to wembley a few years ago and converted her to their wonderful sound, shame i can`t get my son into them he likes Iron Maiden (so do i) who as it happends we have tickets for the august show at the 02

lol My son loves Rush, but I can't get him into Iron Maiden.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 23 2010, 11:32 AM)
Welcome! Been a huge fan since 1993. The people here are Mostly harmless. Careful, though. If you are ever in the same room as Alex Lifeson and Janie, you may want to just put a back to a wall and watch the events unfold. If you get caught between the two, you will sure suffer some damage.

If I end up in Europe when Rush is over there, I will be attending (that is, if I can get a ticket! I heard that they are nearly sold out!! sad.gif ). Otherwise, I'll be jetting around North America when they are here, catching as many shows as I can.

Is that you in the pic? You actually got to meet the guys? I'm SO jealous! I see you're going to the Portland show. Maybe I'll see you there. It will be my 3rd Rush show. Sad though, I'm in my 50's and could have seen them on almost every tour since Day 1. I just wasn't into Rush back then.

Hello and welcome, fellow New World Woman! You will definitely enjoy your time here. biggrin.gif

I love seeing all these women Rush fans. We're so awesome. It was very different back in the early days of Rush's career; the audience was predominently male. But in recent years, you see people of all kinds at Rush shows: men, women, teenagers, young children. Wow. tongue.gif

Donna Halper put it very nicely in Beyond the Lighted Stage: "While it's a stereotype that it's mostly guys who like heavy metal, they are many devoted female fans. It's kind of like a giant club. People turn on their kids to Rush, who turn on their kids to Rush!" When I saw the movie for the national premier and heard that in the theatre, I nudged my dad and pointed at him. cool.gif

Hi there and welcome to the Forum! trink39.gif

I'm one of the Lerxst Ladies. But I have plenty of appreciation for Geddy and Neil. yes.gif