Exit Stage Left Video vs. CD

briremo

WHy do these albums have different track lists? ByTor on the DVD but not on the CD and LVS on the CD but not the DVD. Comparing to the Replay discs.

In the video, we can hear bits of The Camera Eye but not on the track list? I know it was played on that tour, why not on the disc?

I'd love to see them remaster and reissue this complete set CD and DVD.

One of my favorite performances

QUOTE (briremo @ Nov 20 2010, 01:54 PM)
WHy do these albums have different track lists? ByTor on the DVD but not on the CD and LVS on the CD but not the DVD. Comparing to the Replay discs.

In the video, we can hear bits of The Camera Eye but not on the track list? I know it was played on that tour, why not on the disc?

I'd love to see them remaster and reissue this complete set CD and DVD.

One of my favorite performances

They were completely different productions, the album was released first I believe. In the early 80s "home video" was still a brand new concept, the ESL video was sort of a special thing they put together. It would be nice to have the whole show, but that's probably been long lost by now.

If only. To me, that would be one of the holy grails that probably doesn't exist, but I hope for. If they had it, they probably would have released it.

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Nov 20 2010, 06:14 PM)
they probibly have it in the vaults somewhere...

See, that's what I'm saying. You know its there somewhere. Why not pull it out, remaster and get it out. Especially with this RUSH nostalgia crest we're riding here.

Im just sayin

QUOTE (briremo @ Nov 20 2010, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Nov 20 2010, 06:14 PM)
they probibly have it in the vaults somewhere...

See, that's what I'm saying. You know its there somewhere. Why not pull it out, remaster and get it out. Especially with this RUSH nostalgia crest we're riding here.

Im just sayin

IF they did record that entire show, and IF they did still have it in the vaults somewhere, it's probably not in very good shape. Even the video we DO have looks pretty badly aged. But yeah it would be cool to see it if it exists.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Nov 20 2010, 08:47 PM)
The same holds true with ASOH. In fact, the CD version isn't even a full setlist. What's really shocking is the fact that they left Tom Sawyer and 2112 off of it. They should have made it a double disc.

yeah, the video doesn't contain the whole show either. I think in the 80s they were trying not to repeat themselves with live releases. By the time Different Stages came out they started including all the "classics" along with the newer stuff.

Love the exit video, its what defines rush live... to me..

Now. its amazing that it took diffrent stages to release limelight on a live cd which i think should have either made it on ASOH. or exit.. oh well..

To me, the best live versions of both tom sawyer limelight come from the moving pictures tour... He sang it more like the album, before he sped it up and sang it all crazy..

Archived