NHL 2010-11 season

blackhawkrush

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Feb 19 2011, 12:00 AM)
So, is this thread about the NHL or just scores? Curious because the B's made a couple more trades and I'm fairly happy with them. Wheeler was not holding up his end of the bargain. Too many turnovers and not enough offensive flair to really look at him as a viable threat to opponents. Mark Stuart became obsolete because McQuaid pretty much played a stronger game than Stuart. We got Kaberle from the Leafs. That one will surely help the PP. Lastly, we got Kelly. Not sure what kind of game he's going to play. I read what Chara said about him and I saw his stats but the players that are in the 3rd and 4th lines have a lot more work to show what they bring to the table.
Take Shawn Thornton, he doesn't score a ton of goals but he skates, he hits, he is defensively responsible. Thereby making him worthwhile to have on the team.
Anyone else want to talk about the trades that are going to or already happened?

Minnesota 5 Anaheim 1 final tongue.gif

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Feb 19 2011, 01:15 AM)
So, is this thread about the NHL or just scores? Curious because the B's made a couple more trades and I'm fairly happy with them. Wheeler was not holding up his end of the bargain. Too many turnovers and not enough offensive flair to really look at him as a viable threat to opponents. Mark Stuart became obsolete because McQuaid pretty much played a stronger game than Stuart. We got Kaberle from the Leafs. That one will surely help the PP. Lastly, we got Kelly. Not sure what kind of game he's going to play. I read what Chara said about him and I saw his stats but the players that are in the 3rd and 4th lines have a lot more work to show what they bring to the table.
Take Shawn Thornton, he doesn't score a ton of goals but he skates, he hits, he is defensively responsible. Thereby making him worthwhile to have on the team.
Anyone else want to talk about the trades that are going to or already happened?

You're a stinker tongue.gif

It looks like the Canucks aren't going to trade for another defenceman before the deadline. There's a lot of people who are upset about this, but I think it's a good call considering most or all of the injured blueliners are going to be back before the playoffs start, and there's no sense in trading away much-needed players (as they would have to do given their cap situation) just to make the rest of the regular season go a little better. And with a 15-point (!) division lead, they can absorb some losses until everyone comes back without worrying too much.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Feb 19 2011, 03:16 AM)
It looks like the Canucks aren't going to trade for another defenceman before the deadline. There's a lot of people who are upset about this, but I think it's a good call considering most or all of the injured blueliners are going to be back before the playoffs start, and there's no sense in trading away much-needed players (as they would have to do given their cap situation) just to make the rest of the regular season go a little better. And with a 15-point (!) division lead, they can absorb some losses until everyone comes back without worrying too much.

I think you're are correct in this. They should be able to maintain that lead.

with all the activity going on last few days you'd think the trade deadline was yesterday laugh.gif

TSN Trade Tracker

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/feature/?id=11986

I'm wondering if Caps got anything brewing...like too many other teams we are in dire need of a 2nd line centre to jump-start the offence. more grit and defenceman would be nice too. Perhaps even a vet goalie to help the kids we got now.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Feb 19 2011, 01:58 AM)

So's my team. tongue.gif ... doh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 19 2011, 10:19 AM)

I'm wondering if Caps got anything brewing...like too many other teams we are in dire need of a 2nd line centre to jump-start the offence. more grit and defenceman would be nice too. Perhaps even a vet goalie to help the kids we got now.

music.gif and a partridge in a pear tree music.gif

Carey Price's mask for tomorrow's out door game:

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2011/02/price_mask/price_mask_1_std.jpg

that's pretty creepy... unsure.gif

Oh yeah and the Oilers came back to beat the Thrash today new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Really could use a NJ win tonight too

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Feb 19 2011, 06:56 PM)
Carey Price's mask for tomorrow's out door game:

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2011/02/price_mask/price_mask_1_std.jpg

that's pretty creepy... unsure.gif

They used it in Saw 6&7 new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Feb 19 2011, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Feb 19 2011, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Feb 19 2011, 07:31 PM)
2-0 Devils firedevil.gif

They are...on fire. confused13.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

That was your 6000th post notworthy.gif

You're gonna catch up to me laugh.gif

yes

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Feb 19 2011, 07:47 PM)
2-0 Devils firedevil.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

yes

I

2-0 Devils firedevil.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

yes

I

will. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 19 2011, 11:19 AM)
with all the activity going on last few days you'd think the trade deadline was yesterday laugh.gif

TSN Trade Tracker

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/feature/?id=11986

I heard nothing about the Caps. They truly need another defenseman or two that can handle more stay at home defense. They've been in a nasty tailspin.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Feb 19 2011, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Feb 19 2011, 01:58 AM)

So's my team. tongue.gif ... doh.gif

Really? I mean, I know they aren't the same team as last year but do they really stink this year? They have a playoff spot, no?

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Feb 19 2011, 07:48 PM)
2-0 Devils firedevil.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

yes

I

will. laugh.gif

moon.gif