Anbody use a flip video during this tour?

rushfan21

Yeah,I did for the Quebec City at Scene Bell which was an outdoor concert on the 07/15/2010.I used the Flip Ultra HD.Good lightweight little cam.Its weaknesses are the 2 hour limit and the zoom.Its strenght is it can handle very loud Audio with little or no distortion.

This show should be torrented soon so you will be able to see what it gives.I was about 70 some feet from the Stage so it was ok.

Here is a sample of a Phil Collins Cover I filmed with it at approx 30 feet from the Stage and the Audio is very good.

Thanks, that's what I have the ultra hd. I will not be all that close, I'm way back in 303 but I was worried about the sound. My phone can video but does not record the sound very well and it only gives me 2 mins of record time. I cant wait for the show, had my tickets since June and Saturday can not get here soon enough...lol

QUOTE (Voodoocobra @ Sep 16 2010, 10:22 AM)
Rushfan,
If you are far,say further then 100 feet, take screen shots only with Flip Cam or else it will be so small,it will be almost worthless.

I'm only going to use the flip, I already know how bad the phone takes video and pics from far away. Tested it at a local free show.

Its hard enough keeping your eyes concentrated on that small Cam screen while filming that I just don't know how you will accomplish worthwhile filming with a blocker in front of the screen.

There are so many people filming and taking pictures that I wouldn't worry about it.Most international artists don't give a sh$$t about being filmed these days.If worst comes to worst you will probably get warned to put it away.I have yet to read a post of someone being thrown out for filming a gig.