The rest of 2010, and 2011 Music Forecast

The Owl

Face it, 2009 was an epic year for prog rock. So many releases throughout the year, and 2010 has been a great year for concerts with those artists having released the albums in 09 now touring for them this year.

But 2010 has been not a bad year, but not the year 09 was

A very nice handful of album has come out this year, and we still are expecting a few more

- Year of the Black Rainbow - Coheed

- X - Spock's Beard

- Mute- Demians

- Someone Here is Missing- Pineapple Thief

- "Omega" - Asia

- If - Glass Hammer (not yet released)

- Road Salt 1 - Pain of Salvation

- Static Impulse -James Labrie (not yet released)

- Symphony X New album (supposed to be a 2010 release, as of May the recording was almost done, but the further we get into 2010 without any more news the more likely I think this will be a 2011 release)

only 2 major live releases

Anesthetize by Porcupine Tree

and the new Opeth live release coming out later in the year

Reissues have been a great thing this year, with the King Crimson reissues, as well as Porcupine Tree's "Recordings"

But the forecast for 2011 is already looking very much more promising than 2010 (all the information for all notes below is from the Wikipedia entries for the bands Im mentioning, the wikipedia entries have links to actual interviews and and press releases confirming the information I am posting)

********Studio Albums***********

---Confirmed for 2011----------

-Rush -Clockwork Angels (I had to put this first)

-3 Steven Wilson projects confirmed on his twitter including

- Blackfield III

- New SW solo album

- "Storm Corrosion" Wilson/Akerfeldt project

- Pain of Salvation- Road Salt Two (might be a 2010 release but no news on a release date yet)

- Symphony X - NYT (As I mentioned above, I doubt this will see 2010)

- Queensryche- 12th studio album, stated for a "spring 2011 release"

- Thought Chamber- Second album for this amazing band, in the studio now could be a late 2010 release, but most probable an early 2011

- New Radiohead album- Once again it could be a late 2010 release, but most likely a 2011 release.

-Paul Cusick album 2, I've pimped this guy before, amazing. Starting out kind of like PT, the first album was preformed and sung by one guy... not yet recorded, accepting pre-orders to finance the recording... this one should be out in 2011

- Mostly Autumn- "Go Well Diamond Heart" currently in production, the first album without Heather Findlay

- New Marillion Album- In recording studio as of January of 2010, as no other news on the album as of yet, expect it in 2011

--Probable for 2011-------

- New Dream Theater Album, James LaBrie has stated In this interview than the band plans to reconvene in January and start work on a new album, and knowing the recording cycle that DT has taken on their past few albums, we should be seeing this sometime in the fall of 2011

-Yes Album (with Benoit David) When the announcement was made that Benoit David, and Oliver Wakeman were now official Yes members he also stated that they would be in the studio this October, so expect this sometime in 2011

- The Mars Volta- As of May 2010 they are in pre-production, should see this in 2011

-----Possible for 2011---

- New Muse album- The Band plans to go back and record after touring is done, if it is in 2011 it will be a late release, and possibly a 2012 release.

- Mikael Akerfeldt solo acoustic album/ As well a a new Opeth album - Has wished to record a solo acoustic album and as the Storm Corrosion is his only plans thus far for the rest of 2010 and 2011, this solo album as well as a new Opeth album I would say possible for 2011

- Tool, Not yet Titled..... as of March of 2010 they have begun the writing process "In Earnest"

- Arena, Writing process for the album called "The Tinder Box" has begun

************Live Releases*************

- 3rd Transatlantic Live album (I think it's called "Live in England", not too sure though)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with just a few more releases left in 2010 being a bit of a sad thing, it looks like 2011 is shaping up to be one HELL of a new year for music....

Add anything that you know of for the rest of this year and next year.

Damn, yes that too.... and someone on Portnoy's forum also mentioned the Frost* Live album that I think is already out..

......hmm, as this list grows, I see the weight in my wallet becoming smaller.

Apparently from What Im reading "Astra's" second album should be out this year as well...... being written right now, and recording starts in March....... This is gonna be an epic year.

Mike Portnoy has left DT. What can we expect now? I'm sure he'd want to make this his last album and not just leave right in the middle of recording.

Archived