The Analog Kid

Here's another finished product from the Shark City show a while back. Here's a pretty decent version of Analog Kid played at warp speed. Some binks and bonks but what do you want for a live recording:

The Analog Kid

Some past songs as well:

Anthem

Freewill

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Subdivisions

Let me know what you guys think!

:blinkyrushthingyhere:

applaudit.gif

Very cool. The vocals sound great. The only thing I would do there is add a slight delay, so it blends a little better with the music. The guitar solo is really good. Love the tone and fifth harmony effect. The Bass and drums also sound good. Good job overall, man.

That is a fun song to play. We played it for years. Not too hard of a song to sing either, unlike their earlier stuff. That has always been our limitation, even though we still did stuff like Anthem, 2112, etc.. Musically, we had no problem playing Rush. It was the vocals on the early songs that was hard to pull off and EVERYONE wanted the earlier songs played. lol

Thanks! We only play the songs (every song actually) off the first 9 studio albums. Not that I don't really like the later stuff (which I don't) - RUSH fans want to hear the older stuff.

Our singer can bang out the early stuff with little or no issues at all. Thanks for listening!

The song itself is a just a blast to play. We always seem to go way too fast which makes keeping the bassline and the guitar solos not sounding like a mess a tad rough.

Not bad for a live boot eh?

Two words:

DO IT!

I will do everything in my power to get out to RUSHFEST EAST and hang with not one but two RUSH tributes (even though I might steal your keyboard patches and make a hasty retreat back to Chicago ohmy.gif ).

Get to promoting that event hardcore my man. You've got a great venue there so a packed house is well deserved!

QUOTE (RUSH-2112 @ Sep 7 2010, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Sep 2 2010, 07:20 PM)
laugh.gif

Blues Brother Styling!!!!!!!!!!1111

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I like that idea but I really wouldn't have used actual RUSH content as the bed. You'll do fine pumping that from a loudspeaker but be very careful if you plan on running spots for radio.

I've been very careful not to use any of it which is a very wise plan.

Other than that have the boys learn Here Again and I'll be seeing you soon.......

Edited by ChroniclesOfRush

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Sep 7 2010, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (RUSH-2112 @ Sep 7 2010, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Sep 2 2010, 07:20 PM)
laugh.gif

Blues Brother Styling!!!!!!!!!!1111

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I like that idea but I really wouldn't have used actual RUSH content as the bed. You'll do fine pumping that from a loudspeaker but be very careful if you plan on running spots for radio.

I've been very careful not to use any of it which is a very wise plan.

Other than that have the boys learn Here Again and I'll be seeing you soon.......

I agree. Also, try to get the commercial to under 20 or 30 seconds. Nobody (except maybe some of us here) wants to hear a commercial about a Rush cover band that is 2+ minutes long. Get right to the point - people phase out after the first 5 seconds, and make it powerful. Just use your recordings - don't use Rush's recordings.

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Aug 26 2010, 08:08 PM)
Here's another finished product from the Shark City show a while back. Here's a pretty decent version of Analog Kid played at warp speed. Some binks and bonks but what do you want for a live recording:

The Analog Kid

Some past songs as well:

Anthem
Freewill
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Subdivisions

Most impressive guys - great job!

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 21 2010, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Aug 26 2010, 08:08 PM)

The Analog Kid

Some past songs as well:

Anthem
Freewill
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Subdivisions

Most impressive guys - great job!

Thanks for listening and the kind words.

Excellent job by all players! smile.gif

My only suggestion would be a revision to the guitar tone/patch during the "you move me" parts. Pull way back on the gain here. It should be almost clean with full chorus so that the keys and vocals can stand out. You're filling too much space at this point IMO.

Really, really great job on the solo man. Loved it.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Sep 26 2010, 01:25 AM)
Excellent job by all players! smile.gif

My only suggestion would be a revision to the guitar tone/patch during the "you move me" parts.  Pull way back on the gain here.  It should be almost clean with full chorus so that the keys and vocals can stand out.  You're filling too much space at this point IMO.

Really, really great job on the solo man.  Loved it.

I know what you're saying but I already use all 128 patches on two processors for the electrics. They only go to 128 a piece. So on any given night in tandem I blow through 256 different patches not counting all of the individual patches assigned for my PK rig and the acoustics and the vocal processor(s) and the RC-50 and the....!

So what that all means is I have a finite amount of resources to toss @ any one specific song. Not to mention this is all live as it happens so...ya know.... it is what it is.

My biggest disappointment is the keyboard tone is all wrong. That wouldn't be so obvious if that space was filled with the loft of "the angels" instead of what I guess to be a basic saw tone. Not that there's anything remotely "angelic" about an overdriven guitar but that's all the same to me.

I'm workin' on it......