Starfleet and the Prime Directive

snowdogged

The Trekkies are scheming to get two Star Trek related songs to go into space. Wouldn't that go against everything that Starfleet stands for and pretty much go against the Prime Directive. Maybe we should let them know this. I can accept if the Star Trek theme wins but if they

get both songs then that will be very hard to swallow!

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 24 2010, 04:39 PM)
The Trekkies are scheming to get two Star Trek related songs to go into space. Wouldn't that go against everything that Starfleet stands for and pretty much go against most of the rules of the Prime Directive.

There is only one Prime directive, and that has nothing to do with this- it is to not interfere with emerging civilizations that have not yet attained a certain level of technology (warp travel maybe?)

Actually the values of Starfleet work in fantasy land if you ask me. Give me Firefly any day smile.gif

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Aug 24 2010, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 24 2010, 04:39 PM)
The Trekkies are scheming to get two Star Trek related  songs to go into space. Wouldn't that go against everything that Starfleet stands for and pretty much go against most of the rules of the Prime Directive.

There is only one Prime directive, and that has nothing to do with this- it is to not interfere with emerging civilizations that have not yet attained a certain level of technology (warp travel maybe?)

Actually the values of Starfleet work in fantasy land if you ask me. Give me Firefly any day smile.gif

Aren't these serious Trekkies suppose to this stuff pretty seriously?

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 24 2010, 05:39 PM)
The Trekkies are scheming to get two Star Trek related songs to go into space. Wouldn't that go against everything that Starfleet stands for and pretty much go against the Prime Directive. Maybe we should let them know this. I can accept if the Star Trek theme wins but if they

What's the other Trek song? huh.gif

Stoopid greedy obsessed Trekkies! angry.gif

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Aug 24 2010, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 24 2010, 05:39 PM)
The Trekkies are scheming to get two Star Trek related  songs to go into space. Wouldn't that go against everything that Starfleet stands for and pretty much go against the Prime Directive. Maybe we should let them know this. I can accept if the Star Trek theme wins but if they

What's the other Trek song? huh.gif

Stoopid greedy obsessed Trekkies! angry.gif

Magic Carpet Ride

It was in one of the movies.

Archived