Sahara - McConaughey

Tom Sawyer

The full story

He sure seems like a down-to-earth sort of guy.

"Travel has been my favorite and most important thing for me as far as my education -- my outlook on life. Traveling different places that seem so different and staying there long enough to see that we are all just the same," he said.

"Everyone seems to be out for the same thing: having a roof over our head, trying to have a little food and take care of our loved ones. After that, it's kind of luxuries, you know?" ~"Travel has been my favorite and most important thing for me as far as my education -- my outlook on life. Traveling different places that seem so different and staying there long enough to see that we are all just the same," he said.

"Everyone seems to be out for the same thing: having a roof over our head, trying to have a little food and take care of our loved ones. After that, it's kind of luxuries, you know?"~ Matthew McConaughey

QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 14 2005, 04:36 PM)
Sahara wasn't a bad movie. Kinda an Indiana Jones rip-off, but it wasn't bad.

Was it better than the Mummy with Fraser?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 14 2005, 05:17 PM)

I liked 'The Mummy'. I hated the second one, but the first was a great popcorn movie.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 14 2005, 05:17 PM)

I thought it was. Of course though the item they were searching for was a lost Civil War Ironclad and since I'm a history buff...

Yeah, I saw where he was traveling the country towing an Airstream with Sahara promotion on the sides. I thought that was way cool. Why hawk it on late-night when you can take it to the people! I just think it's really cool of him to do that. He was staying in regular old campgrounds and such. That's just a pretty classy way to go. I was never a big fan of his but this changed my mind. Seems like something ole George Clooney would do.

I'm reluctant to see this movie. I enjoy reading Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt Novels (one of which is Sahara) and just didn't like the choice of Matthew McConaughey as Dirk Pitt. He just doesn't seem to fit the part, IMO. Is it worth going to see or not?

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 16 2005, 09:03 AM)
I'm reluctant to see this movie. I enjoy reading Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt Novels (one of which is Sahara) and just didn't like the choice of Matthew McConaughey as Dirk Pitt. He just doesn't seem to fit the part, IMO. Is it worth going to see or not?

I've never read the books, but I enjoyed McConaughey's performance in it. It's worth pretty much a Saturday afternoon matinee, unless you're some hardcore adventure flick fan.