Argentina

Hola, Raton.

I'm sure they wouldn't waste a trip to South America and not go to Chile. I just wish I had some days of vacation accrued so that I could follow them in Buenos Aires and Santiago...I've been planning to go to Chile for a long time now, and this would be the perfect opportunity!! It would be nice also for our fellow North Americans in the forum to visit Santiago and the surroundings, all the wineries, ski stations, Easter Island etc etc...

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 10 2010, 08:23 AM)
The southern part of South America seems to be a growing worldwide market for Rush!

Not that this is a bad thing at all.

I think it's getting a bit like that for all rock bands. Who wouldn't want to play in front of a raucous crowd of 20,000+ fans? Iron Maiden discovered this in 1985 and played South America on almost every tour since then. Megadeth, The Police and a bunch of other bands have live albums/DVDs recorded in Argentina, Dream Theater has one in Chile, Deep Purple played here on every tour since 1991...it's about time Rush caught up with it!!! Unfortunately, South America is still a place where 5% of the people control 95% of the wealth, but that shouldn't stop bands from coming over.

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Aug 10 2010, 09:08 AM)
The Chilean show was announced locally for the 17th a few months ago, though Rush have not officially announced it. That date was in place well before the Brazilian shows.

That's right...the first time I read about Rush touring SA again was in a Chilean website / newspaper.

QUOTE (Raton Sawyer @ Aug 10 2010, 12:57 AM)
If they came to Chile, the concert will be huge (The National Stadium of Santiago is considered for the show, with capacity for 60.000 insane fans of Rush).

I was expecting them since the early nineties...seems to be granted soon.

is it the rainy season in South America in October?

Wonderful news for our South American cousins, the most deserving Rush fans of planet Earth.