Meet & Greet winners

Lerxster

I couldn't find a thread specifically about this. Those who got Meet & Greets for this Time Machine tour- when did you find out? Was it a week before your show, a day before, 8 hours, etc? Curiosity is killing my friend, and i'm quite piqued myself. If my show is in 2 days and I haven't heard yet, am I out of luck? Thanks trink39.gif

Depends on which contest you're entered into for winning a meet-and-greet. If it's through your local radio station, it's really at their discretion when they announce the big winner(s). If you're gettting antsy, you could call the station about it.

We have a contest running now on our local station, the station promoting the upcoming Rush concert. Hear a Rush double-shot and be the correct caller and you win something, but are also entered into a drawing to win a Rush meet-and-greet and round-trip limo ride to the gig. I don't think they'll be announcing the big winner until a day or two before the show on Friday.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 19 2010, 11:20 AM)
Depends on which contest you're entered into for winning a meet-and-greet. If it's through your local radio station, it's really at their discretion when they announce the big winner(s). If you're gettting antsy, you could call the station about it.

We have a contest running now on our local station, the station promoting the upcoming Rush concert. Hear a Rush double-shot and be the correct caller and you win something, but are also entered into a drawing to win a Rush meet-and-greet and round-trip limo ride to the gig. I don't think they'll be announcing the big winner until a day or two before the show on Friday.

Wish I could hear them here out where I am!

Music Today had a deal for their pre-sale where if you bought tix + a merchandise package, you would be entered to win a Meet and Greet, one winner for each of the concerts.

I was one of those that snagged that bait and when I emailed MT asking about how the winners would be announced they responded that only the winners would be contacted.

Hmmm... to me that is no fair deal, the winners should be made public so that everyone who entered knows that the contest actually took place and that there ware actual fair winners... don't you think? Anyone else enter this "contest"?

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Jul 19 2010, 03:38 PM)
Sorry but I think that extra expense for what is literally a few seconds with Alex & Geddy with no autographs is a rip off! ph34r.gif

I bought the VIP primarily for the close concert access without having to go through a scalper or auction. It's next to impossible to score close during a regular sale, what with all the skimming and other shady nefarious doings that goes on behind that scene. The chance for a M&G is an awesome bonus, and if I meet and greet them I hope my head doesn't explode before they have a chance to melt my face off during the show. And since it's all will call, it keeps the scalpers to a minimum I think, and anything that can help turn that tide to the average fan is welcome.

On aside note, my VIP shwag still has not shipped, and with a show 2 days away that is simply ridiculous! I may, oh.. never mind smile.gif