RUSH attractions to visit in Toronto?

gabpower

It was a fine place to go when RushCon got it for the evening, but any other time, it's too small and cramped. I don't go to bars much anyway. If I have to scream over the crowd in order to have a conversation, I tend to not like it.

I think the bar is geared more towards the college crowd or folks in their early twenties.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 6 2010, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 02:40 PM)
I live there... if you have questions about Toronto feel free to PM me.

smile.gif

Oh and the Orbit Room is kick ass! Especially Thurs-Sat nights.

I've heard that the Orbit Room is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Unless you really have to go to the bathroom, I'd stay away from the toilets.

The only decent spot is the deck in the back, otherwise the bar itself gets too crowded.

The deck is where all the smokers go cause you can still hear the bands. But unless you're a smoker or plan on bringing an iron lung out there, stay inside it gets crowded out there. I like being inside watching the live bands. They have some really good house bands that play there including Rush cover bands on certain nights. I haven't had a single complaint about the bathrooms and I've been there a fair amount since it's been open so I dunno where you're getting your information from. confused13.gif

Well, besides the cool tile work the Men's toilets are filthy.

I remember this cuz' I had to take a dump in there one night.

I think you were with me.

Not in the men's room I wasn't... I think you are confusing the Orbit Room with another place. wink.gif

Oh dear........

What I meant was.........while we were at the Orbit Room, I had to relieve myself of the angry ball of poop that festered within my bowels, and found the toilet to be quite gross.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 6 2010, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 6 2010, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 02:40 PM)
I live there... if you have questions about Toronto feel free to PM me.

smile.gif

Oh and the Orbit Room is kick ass! Especially Thurs-Sat nights.

I've heard that the Orbit Room is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Unless you really have to go to the bathroom, I'd stay away from the toilets.

The only decent spot is the deck in the back, otherwise the bar itself gets too crowded.

The deck is where all the smokers go cause you can still hear the bands. But unless you're a smoker or plan on bringing an iron lung out there, stay inside it gets crowded out there. I like being inside watching the live bands. They have some really good house bands that play there including Rush cover bands on certain nights. I haven't had a single complaint about the bathrooms and I've been there a fair amount since it's been open so I dunno where you're getting your information from. confused13.gif

Well, besides the cool tile work the Men's toilets are filthy.

I remember this cuz' I had to take a dump in there one night.

I think you were with me.

Not in the men's room I wasn't... I think you are confusing the Orbit Room with another place. wink.gif

Oh dear........

What I meant was.........while we were at the Orbit Room, I had to relieve myself of the angry ball of poop that festered within my bowels, and found the toilet to be quite gross.

Yes I knew what you meant. tongue.gif But I don't remember hearing you complain about the shitter only how you had to take a massive crap and would prolly be gone for a bit. laugh.gif

Anyways... the ladies washroom isn't that bad... at least not when I've been there anyway.

But CT, the Orbit Room is so crowded after Rush shows... I remember back in 2007 there was a line up almost around the block to try and get in there. We eventually got in and it was a good time, just pretty crowded. On the weekend it gets crowded too just not like that tho.

Actually, while on subject, I happened to like the restaurant "N'awlins" which is located on King Street. Pretty good Cajun style food with live jazz or blues entertainment.

N'awlins

Going to the Parliament Building was a religious experience for this diehard Rush fan. Walking onto the cover of a much-loved album, an album I've played and re-played for nearly thirty years? Aw yeah!! 1022.gif

Archived