Any younger Rush fans?

Mustard Death

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
old.gif I'm this many!!! Seriously tho folks, its good to know there's another generation of Rush fans out there, I started listening in '77 just before my 14th birthday, A Farewell to Kings being my first Rush experience and I've been hooked ever since. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (ZYRANNIX @ Apr 14 2005, 11:26 AM)
old.gif I'm this many!!! Seriously tho folks, its good to know there's another generation of Rush fans out there, I started listening in '77 just before my 14th birthday, A Farewell to Kings being my first Rush experience and I've been hooked ever since. 2.gif trink39.gif

"Kings" was my first impression of Rush, too, and WHAT an impression! Hemispheres was my first Rush show. Unbelieveable! I think it's great that there are people of any age, (especially younger ones) that get into Rush. cool.gif

I honestly wish more kids my age (and really even younger) would discover Rush, not only because they're the greatest band ever. I feel that if they did, they might learn something from Neil's lyrics. I honestly feel that people are deeply influenced by the lyrics they listen to, and a lot of youth today are so incredibly hopeless and helpless. Rush lyrics would be very healthy for a younger generation to take into their hearts.

Might I also add: If I had never discovered Rush, then I would be a very different person, because the lyrics have taught me some very valuable life lessons that I live my life by.

I was 16 when I disovered Rush - but that was, oh, about 17 years ago. My how time flies when you're listening to GREAT music!! laugh.gif

My neighbor's kids (12 + 18) are both big Rush fans. Boy, were they pissed when their mom and I went to the concert without them!! They were even more pissed when their mom and I drove 11 hours up to Toronto to see Rush again!!!!!

(Needless to say, if/when there is another tour, we've got to take her boys with us. laugh.gif )

15, and I 'member asking for "Counterparts" when I was 5 years old for Christmas. My 26 year old brother, Brian, has been an addict to Neil Peart for his entire life, and consequently, so have I. cool.gif

Wow there are much more younger fans then I expected... Too bad we all live far away from each other. I have two friends who really like Rush... But they dont consider Rush one of their favorite bands or anything like me.

Oh and Rushfan4life, your pic of Neil avatar used to be my MSN display picture... I love that pic...

Archived