MSG or Radio City or Another NY Venue This Leg???

rushfan4life

I'm just looking at the tour dates and there is a rather large gap from Saturday July 24th to August 5th from when they don't play any shows. Since the show on the 24th is at Jones Beach in NY, is there any chance they're waiting to add a show at MSG or Radio City or somewhere else? I remember they added the MSG date on the S&A tour very late. And they haven't played Radio City since the R30 tour when they sold out all 3 nights, if I remember correctly. I know they're already playing 4 shows in the tri state area, but how are they not hitting MSG or Radio City this time around?

Maybe its just hopeful thinking by someone who cant make any of the 4 shows they're playing already and I'm selfishly holding out for one more show in the area. What does everyone else think?

That little break is just that, a break. I do hope the next leg they do indoor places

They put in a few week-long breaks on their tours as of recent. I think it gives them time to regroup and perhaps even make a short trip back to their respective homes -- particularly this time around w/ Neil being a new dad smile.gif

I was thinking the same thing. There's an eleven-day break after the PNC show, and next on the schedule is Boston. Hoping for a night or two at Radio City a la the R30 tour. Saw both shows in 2004 and they were awesome.

I heard early on that they were going to add a NYC show.

In fact, I've put off selecting a second show on the tour in hopes that the NYC gig happens.

The thought was , then, that they would play Radio City, as MSG was going be under renovation.

That would be fine by me...Radio City has incredible sound.

I've got my eyes and ears wide open for this one and will be sure to post back if I hear anything.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 22 2010, 12:02 PM)
my gut reaction is i don't think they are going to add msg or radio city.
this will be a short tour plus there's no way they would come close to selling out msg.

It probably wasn't sold out in 2007, but they had a very big crowd,

QUOTE (Bluefish @ Jun 23 2010, 03:52 PM)
this will be a short tour plus there's no way they would come close to selling out msg.

yeah i recalled that crowd being rather large. i mean maybe a little 400's seats were empty but that had to be it. that place was packed.

no--i dont see that happening. It seems Radio City is a "special" venue I think. Decades went by between shows there, I cant see them throwing one in there last minute. (but agreed...my fave place to hear them play...sound is SICK awesome)

If they add a NY show, I'll lose my mind! Would LOVE that. But I think that will be next year.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 24 2010, 08:22 AM)
no--i dont see that happening. It seems Radio City is a "special" venue I think. Decades went by between shows there, I cant see them throwing one in there last minute. (but agreed...my fave place to hear them play...sound is SICK awesome)

If they add a NY show, I'll lose my mind! Would LOVE that. But I think that will be next year.

yea i saw the r30 show at radio city, and i don't know if it was because i was sitting high up in the boonies, but the sound was one of the best i've heard by any band. i may be wrong but i think the higher the seat at radio city, the better the sound.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 24 2010, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 24 2010, 08:22 AM)
no--i dont see that happening. It seems Radio City is a "special" venue I think.  Decades went by between shows there, I cant see them throwing one in there last minute.  (but agreed...my fave place to hear them play...sound is SICK awesome)

If they add a NY show, I'll lose my mind!  Would LOVE that.  But I think that will be next year.

yea i saw the r30 show at radio city, and i don't know if it was because i was sitting high up in the boonies, but the sound was one of the best i've heard by any band. i may be wrong but i think the higher the seat at radio city, the better the sound.

RCMH is built for sound...i dont think there's a bad seat in the house.

I saw R30 there and I saw the GUP warm up tour there as well! Both kickin!

QUOTE (Bluefish @ Jun 23 2010, 03:52 PM)

Hey Bluefish!! bekloppt.gif