1. 1. Trenken is really down on new Rush

• Prozac
    • Getting more fresh air
    • Gettin' some
    • Taking a music appreciation class
    • Someone tie him up and tickle him while playing Caravan in the background
    • He's hopeless fuggedaboutit....

I don't know how to accurately respond.

Most of your posts have some negative light. It's either "this song sucks, Metallica's new album is better" or "Rush are terrible musicians, I'd rather listen to The Mars Volta". And when someone dares to ask why you have so many negative posts, they're trying to "control" you. They're not! They're just sick of seeing the 10 millionth negative post by you, and wonder if you are able to post something positive about this band that you seem to love. (And that doesn't mean two posts saying you like part of one song.)

There are many people who dislike new Rush - metaldad, for one, as someone has already said - but he outnumbers that with stuff about Rush that he likes. Also, he posts in OTHER SUBFORUMS... maybe you should try that out, too. If Rush are terrible musicians, why not start a thread about Metallica or The Mars Volta in Music of the Spheres?

No, you DON'T have to like new Rush, or every Rush song ever. But would it hurt to maybe post in threads about something you do like?

edit: and yes, i'm definitely aware that trenken will go YOURE A STUPID FANBOY AND YOUR INTERNET SERVICE SHOULD BE DISCONNECTED

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:19 AM)

Most of your posts have some negative light. It's either "this song sucks, Metallica's new album is better" or "Rush are terrible musicians, I'd rather listen to The Mars Volta". And when someone dares to ask why you have so many negative posts, they're trying to "control" you. They're not! They're just sick of seeing the 10 millionth negative post by you, and wonder if you are able to post something positive about this band that you seem to love. (And that doesn't mean two posts saying you like part of one song.)

There are many people who dislike new Rush - metaldad, for one, as someone has already said - but he outnumbers that with stuff about Rush that he likes. Also, he posts in OTHER SUBFORUMS... maybe you should try that out, too. If Rush are terrible musicians, why not start a thread about Metallica or The Mars Volta in Music of the Spheres?

No, you DON'T have to like new Rush, or every Rush song ever. But would it hurt to maybe post in threads about something you do like?

goodpost.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Jun 7 2010, 11:34 AM)
Where is the option for "Who Gives A Shit"? Does this person really bother everyone so much? Why target someone like this?

He's not being targeted.

He just won't stop posting the same thing over and over, and so now we've moved on to ridicule. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 7 2010, 11:37 AM)
Where is the option for "Who Gives A Shit"?  Does this person really bother everyone so much?  Why target someone like this?

He just won't stop posting the same thing over and over, and so now we've moved on to ridicule. laugh.gif

A lot of people do that, including myself, are there polls singling them, or me, out? I haven't really read too many of Trenken's posts, but unless he's being insulting and nasty towards people, which would be a mod issue, then why does it matter if he doesn't like something? I get the humor behind the poll responses, but the overall tone of this thread is in bad taste.

C'mon trenks, you're an attention whore.....and you love it.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 7 2010, 10:19 AM)

edit: and yes, i'm definitely aware that trenken will go YOURE A STUPID FANBOY AND YOUR INTERNET SERVICE SHOULD BE DISCONNECTED

Again, you're exaggerating, taking what I say out of context. You seem to like to do that a lot. About the metallica thing, rush is getting a little heavier with the new songs, so I simply said that metallica has really been the benchpoint for metal, since you know, they helped invent and popularize it.

This comes back to Caravan, I was comparing it since it was heavier than they've been in a while, then the song has this jarring change to a funk jam in the middle, I dont think this works well in heavy songs, its too awkward. So I brought up death magnetic as an example of an album where IN MY OPINION, the section transitions are much better.

About mars volta, that was just in terms of the complexity of their music. Never did I say TMV is a better band, but it was brought up in a topic where they were talking about complexity, so naturally Im going to bring them up, as others brought up other bands. They're a new prog band that is very successful, Neil is a fan, and some of their stuff is very difficult to play.

It's a common thing many ppl do, it's called comparing. Nothing wrong with it. But again, typical Rush fans gets very upset when you compare Rush to other bands, I dont get that at all.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 7 2010, 10:37 AM)
Where is the option for "Who Gives A Shit"?  Does this person really bother everyone so much?  Why target someone like this?

He's not being targeted.

Seriously, ridicule? If you told me you were 14 years old I would believe you. Please dont tell me you're a grown man/woman sitting at that computer ridiculing people over the internet.

I dont go around ridiculing ppl here. That's ridiculous to me. I express my opinion, since you know, thats what message boards are for. Discussions, opinions, ideas, etc...

You're sitting there admitting that you ridicule other members. Where the hell are the mods on this site?

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Jun 7 2010, 11:44 AM)
the overall tone of this thread is in bad taste.

Whatever you say.

I just love it when a poster comes on here with a superior attitude and tries to impress his "superiority" on others including insulting/putting down other posters here. What he fails to realize is that he makes HIMSELF a target by such behavior. Either that, or he's just craving attention as D-Rock speculates.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2010, 11:59 AM)
Again, you're exaggerating, taking what I say out of context. You seem to like to do that a lot.

And there you go.....prime example. Personal insults rule.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2010, 12:01 PM)
Seriously, ridicule? If you told me you were 14 years old I would believe you. Please dont tell me you're a grown man/woman sitting at that computer ridiculing people over the internet.

Dude, this is like shooting fish in a barrel to me. Please continue, eventually I'll get bored and move on. laugh.gif

I express my opinion, since you know, thats what message boards are for. Discussions, opinions, ideas, etc...

That's the funny part....to you there is no discussion. There's your belief, and then there's all those other wrong beliefs.

But by all means, keep enlightening us.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 7 2010, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2010, 12:01 PM)

Dude, this is like shooting fish in a barrel to me. Please continue, eventually I'll get bored and move on. laugh.gif

Yep, typical response when you know damn well you're acting like a child. I havent done anything but post my opinion, which is apparently too much for you to handle, so you resort to just attacking people. That's cute.

Just curious though, are there actually mods on this site? We have ppl here making polls attacking other members. What the hell kind of a site is this where they let the members just act like babies, attacking everyone, hijacking every thread, calling everyone trolls just because their opinion is different.

This thread is like a bad car accident

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2010, 12:09 PM)
the members just act like babies, attacking everyone, hijacking every thread, calling everyone trolls just because their opinion is different.

Nice condemnations there. One has to seriously wonder why you're still here.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2010, 12:08 PM)
Yep, typical response when you know damn well you're acting like a child. I havent done anything but post my opinion, which is apparently too much for you to handle, so you resort to just attacking people. That's cute.

LOL laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 7 2010, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2010, 12:09 PM)
the members just act like babies, attacking everyone, hijacking every thread, calling everyone trolls just because their opinion is different.

Nice condemnations there. One has to seriously wonder why you're still here.

Im not going anywhere. Im not the 42 year old guy that ridicules ppl on the internet. And Im thankful everydayI wasnt brought up to act like that towards ppl.

Ill continue to express my opinions on things, positive and negative because thats what ppl do on message boards. If you cant handle it then thats your problem. You leave if this is too heavy for you. If the concept of opinions if a bit much for you, then I wonder why you're even here.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2010, 12:17 PM)
Im not going anywhere. Im not the 42 year old guy that ridicules ppl on the internet. And Im thankful everydayI wasnt brought up to act like that towards ppl.

Ill continue to express my opinions on things, positive and negative because thats what ppl do on message boards. If you cant handle it then thats your problem. You leave if this is too heavy for you. If the concept of opinions if a bit much for you, then I wonder why you're even here.

rofl3.gif

This is too easy. I'm quitting now.

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Jun 7 2010, 11:19 AM)
Seems dangerously close to a Witch Hunt.

Seriously, this thread should be nuked.

Exactly. This is how ppl get treated here. I see ppl here act like total assholes towards anyone that says they dont like a certain song or album, and the mods never say anything to them.

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Jun 7 2010, 11:19 AM)
Seems dangerously close to a Witch Hunt.

Seriously, this thread should be nuked.

YUP! I was thinkin' Witch Hunt myself. (insert angry mob sounds and Alex' snarling guitar lick)

It seems to me everyone is on your case not neccesarily because of your opinions, but the way in which you communicate them.

Maybe brush up on your communication skills a bit, i.e. you don't need to fillibuster every time on how much you dislike a song or launch into a diatribe about how much everyone sucks.

Point out things you find are positive first then move into areas that are least positive for you.

Just trying to work with you here.

Good luck.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 7 2010, 11:26 AM)
It seems to me everyone is on your case not neccesarily because of your opinions, but the way in which you communicate them.

Maybe brush up on your communication skills a bit, i.e. you don't need to fillibuster every time on how much you dislike a song or launch into a diatribe about how much everyone sucks.

Point out things you find are positive first then move into areas that are least positive for you.

Just trying to work with you here.

Good luck.

My communication skills. Do you see me going into every topic attacking people? Nope. If someone says they like Caravan, do I jump on them? Nope. If someone says they like the middle section of caravan, I might respond saying why I dont like it. I never state any of that as fact, I almost always say IMO or in my opinion, but ppl still get very pissed that I dont like caravan that every time I said it in both topics where ppl were discussing their opinions on this song, I was attacked every time.

And now every time I come on this site I have to see a little title there mr. negativity, because I express my opinions on things

Seriously, worst band community ever. Who the hell puts names on other members, and what kind of site even allows that? It's awful here. I would never put a name on someone else here, I dont care what they ever say, its just kind of understood thats not the sort of thing adults do. But here it's almost welcomes, if someone doesnt like a Rush song, attack them then slap a name on them to stare at every time they come here. Nice site here.

Archived