Best adaptation of John Grisham

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 3 2005, 04:33 PM)
I gotta go with A Time to Kill

Other than the addition of court scenes of the father's testimony ("Yes I think they got what they deserved! I hope the burn in hell!" - great line) and Jake's closing argument to imagine if the little girl was white, it was pretty close. Although I do think Row Ark (Roark, played by Sandra Bullock) was miscast. But my vote would have to be for A Time To Kill also.

I haven't read or seen Runaway Jury so I can't comment on it, haven't read Pelican Brief or The Client but I did think they were good movies.

The Firm was changed so much, I didn't actually care much for the movie. The Chamber was 'ok.' Even though Gene Hackman is a good actor, I felt he was not the right pick for Sam Cahall. I didn't like the end change there either, with Sam's 'partner' threatening Sam with Adam's life.

side question: Why has Gene Hackman been in so many of the Grisham movies (The Firm, The Chamber, The Runaway Jury)?

another side question: Which book that hasn't been made into a movie should be? I think The Testament would make a good adventure story, but I think The Partner would be even better.

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 3 2005, 04:33 PM)
  • A Time to Kill
  • The Firm
  • The Client
  • Runaway Jury
  • The Pelican Brief
  • Other
I gotta go with A Time to Kill

I've liked them ALL. No movie has yet to be better than the book, though. I have not read all of them, but a lot. He and Michael Crichton are amongst my favorite authors. If I had to pick a personal fav movie it would be The Client.

I flipped over Runaway Jury. I thought the book was out of control awesome, and couldn't wait to watch the movie. I was not disappointed at all. I liked how they humanized the Nicholas Easter and Marlee characters for the movie, and gave them sort of a mission to fulfill.

I would also like to see The Testament made into a movie, but they'll need to make some changes to the storyline to make it a bit more 'watchable' on screen.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Apr 4 2005, 10:46 AM)
I've only actually seen two: A Time to Kill and Runaway Jury and, for me, Runaway Jury wins it. Mainly for the scene with Hackman and Hoffman in the coutroom toilets - fantastic.

Two of the greatest actors in the business. AMAZING scene. cool.gif

i can't remember if i've seen a time to kill..

but i loved the firm, and pelican brief....the client...and i own runaway jury...

I CAN"T DECIDE!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! fists crying.gif