Celebration results in injury

Just watched the highlights of Morales' grand slam and the injury during the home plate celebration. He'll have surgery tomorrow, and it appears he may be done for the season. I hate it for him.

It's a freak thing, but it was bound to happen the way baseball players pounce on each other and pile on while celebrating.

I saw something like this happen after a state championship football game. One of the team ballboys suffered a broken arm when he was pinned at the bottom of a pile of players.

Edited by tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ May 29 2010, 10:02 PM)
Just watched the highlights of Morales' grand slam and the injury during the home plate celebration. He'll have surgery tomorrow, and it appears he may be done for the season. I hate it for him.

It's a freak thing, but it was bound to happen the way baseball players pounce on each other and pile on while celebrating.

I saw something like this happen after a state championship football game. One of the team ballboys suffered a broken arm when he was pinned at the bottom of a pile of players.

That is awful.

I could never understand why why all the players crowd the plate to the point where you can barely see wheter or not the player touches the plate to end the game. confused13.gif

Freak thing i gather.

Morales appears to have landed in an awkward position following his leap to touch the plate. And when his teammates began pouncing on him and he fell on the ground, more damage was done to the leg.

These are the same guys that slow down slowly after running through first to protect themselves, and take care of themselves in so many ways, and yet, for a celebration, will throw caution to the wind and jump on each other...