Saratoga Springs - ticket release!!

Well...that's good for you but really messed up for anyone that settled for less than decent seats at the initial time of sale.

Most diehard fans were online banging away at their computers for hours trying to pull down good seats when they first went on sale.

Then Ticketmaster in their infinite wisdom releases good seats weeks later and those less than dedicated fans stroll in and secure great seats?

I'm not saying YOU are not a fan but alot of people that are lukewarm fans are rewarded because they check for tickets weeks later???

Not really fair in my opinion.

Same thing happened at White River. Ticketmaster has only been showing seats in the upper tiers and last week opened up a bunch down below and even some on the floor.

Those schumcks...like me, who took what they could get when they first went on sale get screwed.

I'm just saying...

Don't know what to tell you. I wasn't going to drive four hours and sit in the back...I am old (first Rush show was Signals and I have seen every tour since. If I don't get good seats the day they go on sale...I check back often. This time I lucked out...... Edited by purfektstranger

QUOTE (purfektstranger @ May 21 2010, 09:52 AM)
Don't know what to tell you. I wasn't going to drive four hours and sit in the back...I am old (first Rush show was Signals and I have seen every tour since. If I don't get good seats the day they go on sale...I check back often. This time I lucked out......

No...I'm stoked you got good seats. I'm just saying Ticketmaster sucks in the games they play. They hold back good seats in order to sell upper tier seats. It's pure BS.

QUOTE (purfektstranger @ May 21 2010, 07:31 PM)
I hear you. The systems sucks. I bought my tickets through livenation.com (ticketmaster) and I don't have a Citicard...I don't know what a Citicard is..lol.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (purfektstranger @ May 22 2010, 07:29 AM)
Yup....ticketmaster also charged me 18 bucks per ticket convenience fee....nothing convenient about that.

Only 18? I got charged $26 per ticket! angry.gif

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ May 23 2010, 11:28 AM)
All these fees may add up, but isn't that a lot better than driving somewhere, parking, waiting in line and forking over cash? This way one can make a pot of coffee, rock out and order tickets at home!

Or you can spend your $26 on merch. I know what I prefer. (But the ass-raping, er, I mean convenience fee, was $12 in Atl. A bitch, but not as outrageous as most).

QUOTE (dethroned emperor @ May 25 2010, 06:38 PM)
well thanks to this thread im now going to 2 shows this tour,just got tickets in sect. 2 hopefully theyre good seats never been there before. common001.gif

All seats at SPAC are good.

Serious! It's the only venue I would think of driving 3+ hour to get to when they are coming to my town anyways. Many others would agree.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 25 2010, 06:49 PM)
well thanks to this thread im now going to 2 shows this tour,just got tickets in sect. 2 hopefully theyre good seats never been there before. common001.gif

Serious! It's the only venue I would think of driving 3+ hour to get to when they are coming to my town anyways. Many others would agree.

I guess I agree by default.

though I've never been there. though I'm glad to hear that the seats are good there.

Really, Ticketmaster has found new ways to annoy and rip people off. I would be really angry if I wasn't in awe of the fact that they get away with it.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 21 2010, 08:08 AM)
Well...that's good for you but really messed up for anyone that settled for less than decent seats at the initial time of sale.

Most diehard fans were online banging away at their computers for hours trying to pull down good seats when they first went on sale.
Then Ticketmaster in their infinite wisdom releases good seats weeks later and those less than dedicated fans stroll in and secure great seats?

I'm not saying YOU are not a fan but alot of people that are lukewarm fans are rewarded because they check for tickets weeks later???
Not really fair in my opinion.

Same thing happened at White River. Ticketmaster has only been showing seats in the upper tiers and last week opened up a bunch down below and even some on the floor.

Those schumcks...like me, who took what they could get when they first went on sale get screwed.

I'm just saying...

would you rather they didn't release them? if they could have released them earlier they would have.

I'm guessing you're just bitter/venting which is cool but consider this... a REAL diehard rush fan NEVER STOPS looking for tickets.. lol

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 25 2010, 06:49 PM)

it seems like its going to be a 2 and a half hour drive from my house,so thats good to hear

The SPAC truly is a great place to see a show. Not sure how many it seats but the configuration provides great views. Only funky part (or at least I thought so) was the 'beer pen' If you want to drink a beer you get carded (at 38 yrs old I didn't know whether to be pissed off or hug the guy) and then you get a pink bracelet and they make you stand in this fenced off area where everyone stands huddled together and drinks their beer from the all dangerous plastic cups. A bit surreal.......but the venue is great!