Rush Presale Tickets...please help!

Hey everyone...I just was wondering if someone could shed some light on a situation I have involving presale tickets.

My friend ordered two tickets on April 20th to see the show on July 1th at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, but we got it via the presale. It is now May 19th and they STILL have not arrived by mail, but his credit card was billed and he has, in turn, paid off his credit card.

When he called Ticketmaster, they had no record of us.. when we went through the presale, we were directed to "The Fan Club Presale", which I assume was a page from the main official Rush site itself. He had to register a nickname and password, and he did so we could get these tickets. We got our seating information and billing information, and this was all presented as an email receipt to him.

But it's been a month and they still have not arrived, and we do not know WHO to contact to veify that they're on the way. I know it says they can arrive up to 3 days prior to the event, but... should we be worrying at this point? We both want to go so badly that he is even suggesting buying two more general tickets if these ones don't come here soon, but that's a stupid move.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did the tickets eventually come? Who would we call?

Thanks!!

This was most likely done through MusicToday - the main place the Rush Presales are done. They generally take a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time to send out - a process I believe to discourage scalpers and brokers from buying the tickets to resell them. If he is concerned, have him try going to Rush's Music Today's Website and contact them to inquire as to the status of his order. He should have received an email confirmation from them when he placed the ticket order with the order number in it. Edited by LakesideMaiden

Also, from our confirmation email:

For shipped tickets: By choosing UPS or US Mail, it does NOT mean that your tickets will be shipped out immediately after you process your order. Tickets will be shipped 10 business days (approximately 2 weeks) before the event date. If you have not received your tickets one week prior to the event date, please email tix@musictoday.com immediately. Non-delivery claims must be made no later than 48 hours prior to a weekday event and no later than Thursday evening prior to a weekend event. Day of show and weekend requests for assistance cannot be honored and no refunds will be made. Note: UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.

For Will-Call pickup: Will-call orders will be held at the venue box office the day of event. You must bring your confirmation e-mail receipt and a valid picture ID. Some venues may also require the credit card used to make the purchase.
Edited by LakesideMaiden

Hmmm.. very interesting and very hepful! Thank you!

With regards to that confirmation email, he just stated that he got a receipt on his computer, and I haven't physically seen it so I can't comment... but if it does say that, he failed to mention that little tidbit that the tickets will NOT be shipped immediately.. so perhaps he never GOT that confirmation email. But if it's estimated to be delivered two weeks before the event, like it says in your confirmation email, we still have a long wait on our hands...... but i REALLY don't care that much, as long as I know they're coming smile.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ May 19 2010, 12:57 AM)
Hmmm.. very interesting and very hepful! Thank you!

With regards to that confirmation email, he just stated that he got a receipt on his computer, and I haven't physically seen it so I can't comment... but if it does say that, he failed to mention that little tidbit that the tickets will NOT be shipped immediately.. so perhaps he never GOT that confirmation email. But if it's estimated to be delivered two weeks before the event, like it says in your confirmation email, we still have a long wait on our hands...... but i REALLY don't care that much, as long as I know they're coming smile.gif

NP - glad I could help smile.gif I would just have him double check his confirm email, make sure it's from Music Today, and if he has any concerns about it, to just contact them - I think the email is tickets@musictoday.com.

I wasn't given a choice with the VIP deal. It was will call only which pretty much locks me in. I didn't buy these awesome seats to resell them BUT if something came up it would be nice to have the option to get something out of them instead of just eating the $$. What has been the experience of TRF members that bought VIP packages in the past? They DO make good on all the extras, right?

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ May 19 2010, 12:04 AM)

NP - glad I could help smile.gif  I would just have him double check his confirm email, make sure it's from Music Today, and if he has any concerns about it, to just contact them - I think the email is tickets@musictoday.com.

Thanks again smile.gif I do know that he had them shipped through Fedex Canada, but one thing i'm stumped by is that why they ship Rush presales this way, but not with other concerts? This is my first time buying tickets through a presale, but under genral terms, they arrive during a week or two. Is it because of the price reductions on seatings? Mine only cost 70 per ticket on what would otherwise be 110 dollars per ticket under normal circumstances.

It was done through Music Today! If you want piece of mind you need to contact them! Just have your confirmation at hand! I've been sweating as well! So I contacted them and they verified everything! Unfortunately they send the tickets only a month to three weeks before the concert! You would have to wait much longer! I have to wait until September for the last show here in Palm Beach!

angry.gif banghead.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I ordered my tickets for last tour through pre-sale and they charged my card same day. My tickets arrived about 2 weeks before the show (I was getting a little nrvous). Don't worry, you're fine...it's just how it works with pre-sales.

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ May 19 2010, 07:34 AM)
I ordered my tickets for last tour through pre-sale and they charged my card same day. My tickets arrived about 2 weeks before the show (I was getting a little nrvous). Don't worry, you're fine...it's just how it works with pre-sales.

This explains a lot, especially since last tour I was lucky enough to get general tickets, and they came within 2 weeks of the ordering date.

I'm glad now I don't have to endure a coronary while I panic about my tickets.. ahaha.

So if my date is JUly 17th, a good estimate would be late June or early July.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 19 2010, 07:30 AM)
It was done through Music Today! If you want piece of mind you need to contact them! Just have your confirmation at hand! I've been sweating as well! So I contacted them and they verified everything! Unfortunately they send the tickets only a month to three weeks before the concert! You would have to wait much longer! I have to wait until September for the last show here in Palm Beach!

angry.gif banghead.gif

ugghhh that's brutal for you! Especially since your date is the very last one of this tour. Oh well, I heard that Rush are coming back for another round of touring next summer as well, which has me sold already!

Thanks for all the info, seriously. I will email them, but you in yourself have gave me piece of mind. Knowing that everybody else got their presale tickets immediately shipped would make me very anxious and worried indeed

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ May 19 2010, 01:30 PM)

Like I said, I think they do it this way to discourage the brokers from buying them in the presale (and getting the better seats) because they have to wait til the tickets are in-hand to sell them.

That makes total sense, and I guess I already answered my own question when I was aksing to begin with. hahah

So basically, these people are the ones who ruin it fo the rest of us who now have to wait even LONGER for our tickets to arrive. psshhh.

Doesn't matter though, I have a pretty good view from where i'm sitting, and I'm just pleased to know that my placement is secure smile.gif

Thanks for ALL the help! smile.gif

Just call the venue... I did the very same thing. I got no email reply, so I called the Starlight Theater in Kansas City, and gave them my Confirmation Number... You did print your confirmation number, right? They told me all VIP tickets will be picked up at Will Call. Just bring a pic ID and a print out of your confirmation.... The VIP SWAG is suppose to come in the mail later... Whatever that means. Frankly I don't give a rip about that, I just want to see RUSH from the 2nd row.!

Good Luck 2.gif

Yeah the not shipping till a few weeks before the show is good and bad. For me it's bad cause I got a better seat in the public sale though ticketmaster. I already have that ticket. The one from the pre-sale I need to sell now and it's kind hard when you don't have the ticket in hand. I'll have to wait and hope I can sell it otherwise this show cost me way more then I can afford to pay. fing.gif Oh well. I moved up 13 rows.