Spoiler Forum?

hazlnut

Can we get all spoiler threads posted in a separate forum--I for one would like a buffer between me and these threads...

It will lessen the chance of a nip slip, wardrobe malfunction...

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 14 2010, 11:56 PM)
Do you not see this?:
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7246/picture8l.png

Um... did you read my post. More of a buffer. Some protection. A double-secret probation wall of secrecy...

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 16 2010, 01:49 PM)
Do you not see this?:

Um... did you read my post. More of a buffer. Some protection. A double-secret probation wall of secrecy...

First layer of protection don't come lurking if you don't want to know. Sounds real simple to me, but what about you?

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 14 2010, 09:38 PM)
Can we get all spoiler threads posted in a separate forum

That is the entire purpose of this subforum.

Your wish is granted. And, your welcome smile.gif

QUOTE (mmcgrane @ May 17 2010, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 16 2010, 01:49 PM)
Do you not see this?:

First layer of protection don't come lurking if you don't want to know. Sounds real simple to me, but what about you?

calm down, sparky... it was just a suggestion.

Save the sarcasm for the non-fans and RRHOF...

Okay?

Edited by hazlnut

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 16 2010, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 14 2010, 09:30 PM)
This forum IS the spoiler forum, dude.

Like I said, I want... would prefer more of a buffer... Dude.

Why don't you just create your own website? confused13.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 17 2010, 08:32 PM)

more snarky remarks from fellow fans... Nice.

It was just a suggestion for a sub-sub forum for SPOILER threads. Frankly, all the 'possible spoiler' threads were getting annoying. But what else are people supposed to talk about.

As long as everyone follows the spoiler rules, those of us who don't want to know every song before the show need not be concerned... still, seems like there's always one wisenheimer.

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 18 2010, 11:21 AM)

It was just a suggestion for a sub-sub forum for SPOILER threads. Frankly, all the 'possible spoiler' threads were getting annoying. But what else are people supposed to talk about.

As long as everyone follows the spoiler rules, those of us who don't want to know every song before the show need not be concerned... still, seems like there's always one wisenheimer.

Spoilers are a point of contention on these boards. Experience has told us that making a separate spoiler section along with a tour section is futile. For instance, we have a clearly-marked meetup section at the top of this forum, with dedicated threads for each show, and people still post meetup threads out here. No matter what signs you put up, people will either blow through them or not notice them.

If we made a separate spoiler section, we'd still get tons of spoilers out here, and we mods would be chasing our tails trying to keep them contained. That's wasted effort, so no use trying that again. The best way to deal with spoilers is to make the whole tour section a spoiler section.

We have to hope that people won't post spoilers in threads that aren't meant for them, and hope they mark their own threads as containing spoilers if they plan on posting any. Outside of that, enter this section at your own risk.

We probably did get a little too snarky with you, but a lot of us have been here for the last couple of tours and we've seen people blindly post spoilers where they don't belong and we get frustrated. Take it with a grain of salt, we mean no harm. cool.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 18 2010, 11:31 AM)

Spoilers are a point of contention on these boards. Experience has told us that making a separate spoiler section along with a tour section is futile. For instance, we have a clearly-marked meetup section at the top of this forum, with dedicated threads for each show, and people still post meetup threads out here. No matter what signs you put up, people will either blow through them or not notice them.

If we made a separate spoiler section, we'd still get tons of spoilers out here, and we mods would be chasing our tails trying to keep them contained. That's wasted effort, so no use trying that again. The best way to deal with spoilers is to make the whole tour section a spoiler section.

We have to hope that people won't post spoilers in threads that aren't meant for them, and hope they mark their own threads as containing spoilers if they plan on posting any. Outside of that, enter this section at your own risk.

We probably did get a little too snarky with you, but a lot of us have been here for the last couple of tours and we've seen people blindly post spoilers where they don't belong and we get frustrated. Take it with a grain of salt, we mean no harm. cool.gif

Fair enough, and I see what you're saying.

Yes, I hope people do follow the 'Spoiler' guidelines.

It did seem like there were an abundance of new threads with 'Spoiler' in the title. Perhaps that's what I was reacting to.

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 18 2010, 11:37 AM)

It did seem like there were an abundance of new threads with 'Spoiler' in the title. Perhaps that's what I was reacting to.

I think they are, for the most part. You're supposed to have "spoiler" in the thread title and you're not supposed to have the spoiler itself in the title. Other than that, all bets are off.

If you really don't want to see spoilers, you may need to avoid this forum (or board) for the next few weeks. I'm still debating myself if I want to see the setlist this time around. unsure.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ May 18 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 18 2010, 11:37 AM)

I think they are, for the most part. You're supposed to have "spoiler" in the thread title and you're not supposed to have the spoiler itself in the title. Other than that, all bets are off.

If you really don't want to see spoilers, you may need to avoid this forum (or board) for the next few weeks. I'm still debating myself if I want to see the setlist this time around. unsure.gif

No reason to avoid the whole board. That seems a bit much, IMO.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 18 2010, 12:03 PM)

Yeah, but if you're fanatical about not wanting to know the set... Some folks love to post spoilers in thread titles, which you could potentially see before they're caught and fixed.

I also had to take a couple days "hiatus" when S&A was released. With every new Rush release, there seems to be a tremendous surge of negative, nasty opinions expressed here on TRF. Not just valid critical comments, but really over-the-top, negative, nasty stuff, IMO. I find myself taking this personally and affecting my enjoyment of the new release, so I find it's better to take a day or two away from TRF and absorb the new album on my own.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ May 18 2010, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 18 2010, 12:03 PM)

Yeah, but if you're fanatical about not wanting to know the set... Some folks love to post spoilers in thread titles, which you could potentially see before they're caught and fixed.

I also had to take a couple days "hiatus" when S&A was released. With every new Rush release, there seems to be a tremendous surge of negative, nasty opinions expressed here on TRF. Not just valid critical comments, but really over-the-top, negative, nasty stuff, IMO. I find myself taking this personally and affecting my enjoyment of the new release, so I find it's better to take a day or two away from TRF and absorb the new album on my own.

It's not just here. With any band that's been around as long as Rush has, you'll have the old school fans who just don't like the new music the band is putting out. They'd rather the band keep making the type of music they made in their heyday.

For the people who like all or most of the band's music -- old and new -- those "the new stuff sucks" posts can get annoying. But the haters don't speak for the whole community.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 18 2010, 02:12 PM)
It's not just here. With any band that's been around as long as Rush has, you'll have the old school fans who just don't like the new music the band is putting out. They'd rather the band keep making the type of music they made in their heyday.

For the people who like all or most of the band's music -- old and new -- those "the new stuff sucks" posts can get annoying. But the haters don't speak for the whole community.

Agreed, it's not just here. I'm sure when S&A was released, it was probably 100 times worse over on CP. fing.gif

Not snarky at all.

If you fear of reading about the tour content, then don't visit that particular forum. You mentioned, "what else is there to talk about", and that is true...what else is there to talk of other than the content of the tour itself? ....and that may include the setlist content.