Ridley Scott's 'Robin Hood'...

Andrew1

Here you go 'Jack Aubrey'! I'm thinking another classic from a true master of his craft. Ridley Scott going with Russell Crowe again? What balls! Why? Because everyone will be saying that he's just trying to make another 'Gladiator'. This movie is going to kick some ass. Can't wait. I haven't been this excited since 'Miss Congeniality 2'! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ May 8 2010, 04:16 AM)
As a big fan of Ridley Scott, I'm also looking forward to seeing this. Even more so as it also features Cate Blanchett drool1.gif

Cate Blanchett is smoking hot. firedevil.gif And one hell of an actress.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ May 8 2010, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ May 8 2010, 04:16 AM)
As a big fan of Ridley Scott, I'm also looking forward to seeing this.  Even more so as it also features Cate Blanchett drool1.gif

Cate Blanchett is smoking hot. firedevil.gif And one hell of an actress.

I don't think I could have said it better myself

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ May 7 2010, 08:48 PM)
Here you go 'Jack Aubrey'! I'm thinking another classic from a true master of his craft. Ridley Scott going with Russell Crowe again? What balls! Why? Because everyone will be saying that he's just trying to make another 'Gladiator'. This movie is going to kick some ass. Can't wait. I haven't been this excited since 'Miss Congeniality 2'! rofl3.gif

I am indeed looking forward to this one. Thanks for thinking of me, that's very cool of you. trink39.gif

Cate Blanchett notwithstanding, I'm quite looking forward to this. As our local hero, despite what the thieving gits from Yorkshire say, Robin Hood has always been important to me - there is a tree in my home town that marks what used to be the centre of Sherwood Forest. Over the years, I've always enjoyed the various incarnations of Robin Hood (although Prince of Thieves is not a favourite).

What appeals to me about this one is the fact that we have a superb director and two very talented actors who will carry the film. I have no qualms at all about Russell Crowe, the man might be an arse at times but he is a superb actor, and it should never be forgotten that the greatest Robin Hood of all times was from the Antipodes.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 8 2010, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ May 7 2010, 08:48 PM)

I am indeed looking forward to this one. Thanks for thinking of me, that's very cool of you. trink39.gif

No problem dude! We're talking movies here! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ May 9 2010, 05:11 AM)
Cate Blanchett notwithstanding, I'm quite looking forward to this.  As our local hero, despite what the thieving gits from Yorkshire say, Robin Hood has always been important to me - there is a tree in my home town that marks what used to be the centre of Sherwood Forest.  Over the years, I've always enjoyed the various incarnations of Robin Hood (although Prince of Thieves is not a favourite).

What appeals to me about this one is the fact that we have a superb director and two very talented actors who will carry the film.  I have no qualms at all about Russell Crowe, the man might be an arse at times but he is a superb actor, and it should never be forgotten that the greatest Robin Hood of all times was from the Antipodes.

Wow dude! No shit? You have a tree in your home town that was part of Sherwood Forest?! That's cool as hell! In that case, I hope the movie is everything you hope it will be. Sir Ridley is a bad-ass. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Make sure you let me know what you think!

I have no qualms with Crowe myself. The guy is awesome. I honestly think that this movie never would have went further than a script if either one wasn't on board with the other. When these two get together, there can be no wrong. Unless they team up for 'Matchstick Men 2'. Just kidding Jack Aubrey! tongue.gif laugh.gif

I'm wondering if the movie will be true to the novel?

Edited by Andrew1