Milwaukee show advice......

syd11

I'm going to the July 3rd show in Milwaukee during Summerfest to

see Rush for the 18th time. I've seen a lot of people posting here

complaining about ticket prices for good seats and such and it is

certainly a valid complaint. I'm sitting in Sec. 2 Row Y which is approx.

22nd row since they skip a few letters and for this venue these are

absolutely perfect seats to take in the entire Rush experience. I've

paid over $250 to be in 8th row and basically looked at the back of

some tall dude's head for 3 hours. For me to enjoy the films, light

show and full view of all 3 guys at once I'll take seats 20 - 30 rows

back at the Marcus Amphitheater every time. Yes, all of the Sec. 2

tickets are sold out but I've seen tickets on other broker sites such

as Stubhub that still had Sec. 2 tickets for around $200. Just some

advice from someone who's seen about 15 shows at this venue.

Edited by syd11

I will be at the Milwaukee show as well, although I don't have tickets yet. Past experience has shown that lower section tickets get released as the show gets closer. Last time around, I picked up 10th row in Section 3. The only problem I have is waiting until the last minute to get the tickets. I don't like not knowing if I can get decent seats or not and would prefer to have some tickets in hand right now.

I've already spoken to a broker in Milwaukee and the prices aren't terrible. Around $200 for Section 2 20-25 rows back....

Hopefully, the closer the show gets, the lower the price goes. I'm hoping that we are at the high water mark for ticket prices. Being the 3rd show on the tour helps as well.

See you there...

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 27 2010, 02:00 PM)
I will be at the Milwaukee show as well, although I don't have tickets yet. Past experience has shown that lower section tickets get released as the show gets closer. Last time around, I picked up 10th row in Section 3. The only problem I have is waiting until the last minute to get the tickets. I don't like not knowing if I can get decent seats or not and would prefer to have some tickets in hand right now.

I've already spoken to a broker in Milwaukee and the prices aren't terrible. Around $200 for Section 2 20-25 rows back....

Hopefully, the closer the show gets, the lower the price goes. I'm hoping that we are at the high water mark for ticket prices. Being the 3rd show on the tour helps as well.

See you there...

Hey toonz,

I hope you're right and wish you luck in getting tix. I did just see 4

tickets listed for $199ea. in Sec. 2 Row EE and near the center on

Stubhub. That's where I bought my tickets because I couldn't wait

until the last minute for fear of being stuck on the sides or way far

back. The way I look at it for the Milwaukee show is you're not just

paying for the concert since the ticket price includes admission to

all of Summerfest and you can check out a ton of bands before Rush

takes the stage.

I know I posted this in the official thread, but if you are driving down to the Summerfest grounds, go out the website and buy a parking pass(20 bucks, no fees, print at home).

July 3rd is bonkers on the Lakefront, and especially at Summerfest, because it's the perfect place to view the spectacular fireworks show that night. People camp out for days at the parks along the lake. So if you don't want to spend an hour or two trying to find parking, buy a pass.

The bus is another alternative to get to the grounds. You can park downtown(or leave the car at your hotel) and take the bus to the Summerfest grounds. You'll have lots of company.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 27 2010, 08:40 PM)
I know I posted this in the official thread, but if you are driving down to the Summerfest grounds, go out the website and buy a parking pass(20 bucks, no fees, print at home).
July 3rd is bonkers on the Lakefront, and especially at Summerfest, because it's the perfect place to view the spectacular fireworks show that night. People camp out for days at the parks along the lake. So if you don't want to spend an hour or two trying to find parking, buy a pass.

The bus is another alternative to get to the grounds. You can park downtown(or leave the car at your hotel) and take the bus to the Summerfest grounds. You'll have lots of company.

We usually park on 43 and Brown deer and take the bus. That is worth every penny of the $10 to do it. We come down from Plymouth and that makes the ride home very nice.