Time Machine Tour Videos

hazlnut

Jerry Stiller, Darn that Dragon, South Park, By-Tor vs. Snowdog Robot War... The wit and humor of the last decade of Rush Concert Videos has become a highlight of the RUSH live show...

Any guesses as to what's coming on the TIME MACHINE TOUR...

I picture Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd driving a DeLorean down a desert highway, Time Stands Still playing on the radio...

In the distance they see a man on the side of road trying to start his motorcycle...

They pull over to help and find the Professor late for a gig...

"Can you guys give me a ride?"

"Sure, hop in."

"Marty, we don't have time. We've got to get back to the future."

"Come on, Doc, we just can't leave him on the side of road."

The Professor hops in the DeLorean and notices the flux capacitor coming to life... They zoom off down road, taking it up to 88 mph. BOOM!

Finally, arriving at the concert venue, but something is off... Everyone is dressed funny. Backstage, the professor finds Geddy and Alex dressed in Kimonos... Cue 2112 intro!

Later in the show, when the drum kit spins around to reveal the electronic set, there's a flux capacitor in the roland base drum!

Time Machine Tour Video Idea #2-

I'm still working on it, but basically it involves Lerxst in a black leather jacket and shades saying: "Come with me if you want to live."

Then Robert Patrick in an LAPD uniform knocks on Neil's dressing room door and holds up a Geddy bobble head and says have you seen this man?

Video idea #3

Alex, Geddy, and Neil are on the screen. All three of them are dressed in their 1970s get-ups, and one of them brings in a swirly time machine ala Austin Powers. Alex turns to the other two and says something about traveling through time (I'm not funny enough to think of something). After saying that, he says, "Gentlemen, I am now about to travel through time, I bid you adieu." He runs at the time machine, but it's not turned on. He slams into it and falls backwards down the ramp leading up to the time machine. He turns to Geddy and says, "Not turned on I suppose. You think you could...?" Geddy turns it on, and Alex motions to them. "Come with me men!" They jump into the swirling time machine and swirl through time. They then stagger onto the stage in present-time outfits acting all dazed and confused. They then start playing their opening song.

Video idea #4

It turns out that Neil, Alex and Geddy were frozen in the year 2024. 88 years later, in the year 2112, they are revived. They find out, to their horror, that they were evetually introduced into the RRHOF.

I cant think of anything else, but it seems good.

I also love the Back to the Future one 1022.gif