What The Hell is a "PreSale" Anyway?

Lerxst

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 13 2010, 09:37 AM)
just checked stubhub for Tampa.
2 tix row R orchestra are $495 each. This is for the second to last row in the stage section. I got first row in the next section last time during presale. Wow.

Tampa show already had a pre-sale?? Not listed on the pre-sale list, just started today.

I am with those who think pre-sales are a scam, I last did a presale in 2002 for the Vapor Trails tour and ended up with terrible seats but I thought wow maybe everyone is doing the presale and that is all that is left so I took what they offered. I now know the truth and avoid these things like the plague. A couple of years ago my wife didn't take my advice and got Alanis Morrisette tickets the day they went on sale, at least she got us 7th row. I noticed the week of the concert you could get front row seats.

I put my money where my mouth is and went to Rush in 2007 on the Snakes and Arrows tour in Salt Lake City with no ticket at all with a friend and we just chose from the scalper selection. Got Front row 200 level seats for $5 above face value and actually got a selection to choose from, unlike ticket buying over the internet with its take it or leave it no real choice selection.

I guess the point of my diatribe is don't worry about the pre-sales at all. Does anyone happen to know how many Rush shows actually sold out on the last tour.

Got 100 level seats row x on presale (citibank) for PNC. I don't think that's too bad.

I'm not shelling out VIP $ until the last tour.