Desert Sessions...

ozzy85

There's such a wide range of music on MotS... why not interject some of what I've found?

From the ill-named Stoner Rock genre comes Desert Sessions. An offshoot of Josh Homme's Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age, he'd have a couple of band members and guest members from everywhere for all kinds of different stuff. No two albums were the same.

I've been a fan of just about anything Homme's done for at least 15 years, so I'm obviously biased. But that just means to me I think some of this stuff is worth hearing.

Hard to find and made in limited numbers.

Anyone else check them out?

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Mar 3 2010, 02:37 AM)
There's such a wide range of music on MotS... why not interject some of what I've found?

From the ill-named Stoner Rock genre comes Desert Sessions. An offshoot of Josh Homme's Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age, he'd have a couple of band members and guest members from everywhere for all kinds of different stuff. No two albums were the same.

I've been a fan of just about anything Homme's done for at least 15 years, so I'm obviously biased. But that just means to me I think some of this stuff is worth hearing.

Hard to find and made in limited numbers.

Anyone else check them out?

Interesting 85. I havnt heard this. I am a fan of both Kyuss and Queens, as well as Fu Manchu. Ill have to investigate this.

big big kyuss fan, like some qotsa tunes. never heard this.

also a BIG wino fan, mostly his work w/ the obsessed, spirit caravan, place of skulls, and his solo album from last year "punctuated equlibrium" (didn't like the st vitus or hidden hand stuff, tho).

Not everyone knows this, but at least one song from every QotSA album was written and recorded beforehand during Desert Sessions before being revamped by Josh for inclusion on a QotSA recording.

Anyone familiar with the first QotSA album will recognize this tune, the forerunner to 'Avon', called...

'Nova'

Get it?

Archived