J. Geils Band

Earthshine

I heard a tune by the J. Geils Band today and it reminded me think that they are another band who totally sold out.

Remember the songs Give It To Me, I Musta Got Lost, Whammer Jammer, Looking For A Love, Southside Shuffle and a few others.

Then came the sell out:

Centerfold, Come Back, Love Stinks, Freeze Frame and a few others.

It was deplorable. They were a great live band. I saw them as ZZ Top's opening act in 1976 (though we did not see ZZ Top and left because of a near riot at the concert but the band wound up playing anyway) and they were really good.

Guess they had to think about how they were going to keep going and decided to follow the money.

Doesn't this kind of garbage make you appreciate Rush even more?! 2.gif

Wow! I remember having "Freeze Frame" when I was a kid. I loved that record, but I must confess I don't own it anymore. I can't stand "Centerfold." Peter Wolf annoys me. Remember his solo album called "Lights Out?" Give me some UFO instead!

I agree Shine, their older stuff was very good. I bet "Freeze Frame" came out the same year "Eliminator" did. MTeVil.

I have the Love Stinks album really liked it back then.

Seen J.Geils outdoor concert down at Columbus called Legend Valley Jam with a very young Def Leppard had to be there first or second tour of the states, Blackfoot, Scorpions, headliner Ted Nugent.

Didn't Peter Wolf get kicked out of Geils band? And did they ever get a new lead vocals and continue, never really heard anything about them after Freeze Frame album.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 24 2010, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Feb 23 2010, 11:40 PM)
J.Geils is another band that MTV killed.

trink39.gif

+1 yes.gif

Archived