30 Seconds To Mars

Rushman14

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Oct 8 2009, 03:24 PM)
The band is just as boring and generic as I remember. I'll be passing on this one...wasn't impressed by that at all. Vampire Weekend's new single on the other hand...

well I had zero expectations going in so...

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Oct 8 2009, 03:24 PM)
The band is just as boring and generic as I remember. I'll be passing on this one...wasn't impressed by that at all. Vampire Weekend's new single on the other hand...

ok I just checked out Vampire Weekends new single "Horchata"

You're kidding right?

I had no expectations going in either but just wasn't impressed with the single. And no i'm not. It's a grower (and i'm not a big fan of the band in the first place. I used to hate them but don't mind them too much anymore) but yes I've been enjoying that one a lot.

I like some of this band's stuff so I figured I might as well report the new album.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/30_STM_-_Love_Lust_Faith_%2B_Dreams.jpeg

1. "Birth" 2. "Conquistador" 3. "Up in the Air" 4:36 4. "City of Angels" 5. "The Race" 6. "End of all Days" 7. "Pyres of Varanasi" 8. "Bright Lights" 9. "Do or Die" 10. "Convergence" 11. "Northern Lights" 12.

"Depuis Le Debut"

Pretty meh song, but I'll still check this album out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4heT2yRII

I just watched a documentary about their being sued by EMI for $30 million last night (called "Artifact"). Fan of the band or not, it's a worthwhile look at the current state of the recording industry -- the details into what are called 360 degree contracts was pretty enlightening...and disappointing for musicians. Not so much about the band specifically as about their entanglement in this suit and what were their options, etc. It's being aired some on VH-1 and I believe it's streaming on Netflix.

Recommended for fans of music and the industry in general.

Edited by Presto-digitation