Scale The Summit

tangy

We heard yesterday that these guys are the new openers replacing Beardfish on the PN 2009 NA Leg. Big Elf replaces Pain of Salvation.

While I liked what I heard of Beardfish, I definitely like STS more. If instrumental progressive metal is your cup of tea, check them out.

Young and talented. Apparently these dudes build their own guitars. Sick.

The Great Plains

Rode in on horseback

Will have to look for them today at Best Buy when i get the new DT and the new TMV!!!!!!!

1022.gif cool10.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 23 2009, 02:49 PM)
Dissapointed that Beardfish is no longer part of the event, and I still reccomend this great group to anyone, but STS souds really great as well.

yeah, over at the mp forum it seems to be mixed bag. some people are majorly bummed, others happy for the switch and some impartial. i lean towards to instrumental prog metal so I pretty happy with the subsitution although what little i heard of beardfish i did like. what we need to remember is that beardfish and now STS were only going to play around 30 minutes and POS and now Big Elf were to play around 45 minutes.

Bait and Switch!

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 8 2009, 12:12 AM)
bumper.gif

I Acquired "Carving Desert Canyons"

Awesome stuff here 1022.gif I highly recommend it!

I will probably be picking up a CD at the concert... as well as one by BigElf as well.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 8 2009, 01:12 AM)
bumper.gif

I Acquired "Carving Desert Canyons"

Awesome stuff here 1022.gif I highly recommend it!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Very nice, i looked but did not find any of their material the last time i was in best buy. i have been listening alot to them though on youtube. great music!

Holy crap! How old are these guys? Amazing stuff.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 8 2009, 09:38 AM)

early 20's.

still wet behind the ears. i meant to mention these guys in your Animals As Leaders thread as they are somewhat similar.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 8 2009, 10:42 AM)

early 20's.

still wet behind the ears. i meant to mention these guys in your Animals As Leaders thread as they are somewhat similar.

I thought the same thing. The future is sounding good!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 8 2009, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 8 2009, 10:42 AM)

early 20's.

I thought the same thing. The future is sounding good!

trink39.gif

yes, the future is so bright i gotta wear shades!

Anyone who thinks there is no good music being made these days is fing.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jul 9 2009, 01:16 AM)
good music is hard to find these days...but check out my band and tell me what you think!!

Pyramid Theorem

Promising stuff! Did you guys record the MySpace songs in a studio?

You guys are listed on ProgArchives too. Double good.

The myspace tracks were recorded in studio...those 3 tracks are from our demo cd. In total we have 8 songs written and are looking to record a full-length album by the end of this year. And it took some time for us to get on progarchives!! Thankfully they liked our stuff enough and said we had "promise" tongue.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jul 9 2009, 12:16 AM)
good music is hard to find these days...but check out my band and tell me what you think!!

Pyramid Theorem

i like it a lot!

just listened to the third song ( the one thats 8:39 in duration ). guess that one was instrumental. despite the crowd noise, you guys can obviously play very well and have great energy. if you came to my town i would go.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 9 2009, 04:02 PM)

Pyramid Theorem

i like it a lot!

just listened to the third song ( the one thats 8:39 in duration ). guess that one was instrumental. despite the crowd noise, you guys can obviously play very well and have great energy. if you came to my town i would go.

goodpost.gif

haha! that track now has lyrics! At first I thought you meant a song in the music player and I was like WTF?? No instrumentals on there that are 8:39...then I remembered the videos at the bottom! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 9 2009, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 9 2009, 04:02 PM)

Pyramid Theorem

i like it a lot!

goodpost.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jul 9 2009, 04:05 PM)
haha! that track now has lyrics! At first I thought you meant a song in the music player and I was like WTF?? No instrumentals on there that are 8:39...then I remembered the videos at the bottom! tongue.gif

Relistened to "The Secret About Secrets"...killer track! Nice intro drumming too. Not too much, not too little and it kicks into a nice groove.

Sounds pretty tasty. If you plan on ordering the CD, check out their website and order it there for $10 plus postage. Also they have some very creative and cheap $10 T-shirts. I ordered mine 15 minutes ago. 2.gif

bumper.gif

I was lucky enough to have the chance to meet these guys last night at the show.

They're all really cool & laid-back.

I also got them to sign the booklet for my CD... which is their latest album 'Carving Desert Canyons'.

It was a sweet time, they played really well.