Do Rush Fans Like ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN?

Right before Phil Kennemore passed away from cancer there was a big benefit concert on his behalf. Don Dokken and Geoff Tate were there. I was able to hang out with both of them at the same time and my wife took a pic of me in the middle of both of them.

Now I know both of these guys have voices that are shot to shit but they were very nice in person. Class acts.

It was a big moment for me.

Steal that picture from Wendy's wallet Earl and get it posted!!!

Dokken is great. Just wish I had been able to see them live back in the day. Still enjoy their music.

I saw the "Back For The Attack" Tour. That was my first time. I've seen Dokken many times after that. To be honest I think the band is better in the studio than live.

I first saw them in 1986 when they opened for Accept at Manchester Apollo. I've still got the Dokken Rockin' America baseball shirt! And it still fits even though it was medium! :hail: :haz:

• Like 1

Dokken is great. Just wish I had been able to see them live back in the day. Still enjoy their music.

I saw the "Back For The Attack" Tour. That was my first time. I've seen Dokken many times after that. To be honest I think the band is better in the studio than live.

I first saw them in 1986 when they opened for Accept at Manchester Apollo. I've still got the Dokken Rockin' America baseball shirt! And it still fits even though it was medium! :hail: :haz:

I think I hate you my good friend. You saw Dokken and Accept together in 1986????? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU RULE!

• Like 1

Lynch-era Dokken was incredible. I love George Lynch to this day. Mr. Scary rules!

Are you getting the Back For the Attack Rock Candy??

Naturally! Being playing Wicked Sensation all week in the van in preparation for the coming onslaught of scariness!

I was never that keen on Lynch Mob and Oni Logan's vocals.

I only enjoy the first two Lynch Mob records. After that all shite.

• Like 1

Now that being said I do enjoy the Don Dokken solo album. Up From The Ashes!!!!

I actually saw the tour guys at The Stone in SF! It was fukking incredible!!! John Norum on guitar! Peter Baltes on bass!! ACCEPT!! During the live set the band busted into "Balls To The Wall."

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

I know Don had throat surgery and sounds nothing like he used to but man I absolutely love his voice.

• Like 1

I actually saw the tour guys at The Stone in SF! It was fukking incredible!!! John Norum on guitar! Peter Baltes on bass!! ACCEPT!! During the live set the band busted into "Balls To The Wall."

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

I know Don had throat surgery and sounds nothing like he used to but man I absolutely love his voice.

Yeah that's a good album, underrated.

• Like 1

Lynch-era Dokken was incredible. I love George Lynch to this day. Mr. Scary rules!

Naturally! Being playing Wicked Sensation all week in the van in preparation for the coming onslaught of scariness!

Yeah that's how I see it.

• Like 1

I think I hate you my good friend. You saw Dokken and Accept together in 1986????? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU RULE!

Yeah another Earl dream line-up I saw! And during It's Not Love Don Dokken pointed at me I was singing along. I looked around thinking it must be someone else, but it seemed to be me. I was a bit late with my response which was a bit lame! :facepalm: :LOL:

• Like 1

YOU RULE!

Yeah another Earl dream line-up I saw! And during It's Not Love Don Dokken pointed at me I was singing along. I looked around thinking it must be someone else, but it seemed to be me. I was a bit late with my response which was a bit lame! :facepalm: :LOL:

You mean a "Dream Warriors" line up! LOL! That is so awesome! What tour did you see them on? I saw DOKKEN on the "Back For The Attack" Tour! INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! "Sleepless Nights" buddy!

• Like 1

Yeah that's how I see it.

Agreed!

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

Totally underrated!

So I brought this thread back up because of Myles dude. Did you see his avatar? KILLER!

Mr SCARY is blowing me away.

I really liked Dokken...one play of that song and now I am OBSESSED!!

Back For The Attack is a major masterpiece of fun time metal!

And Alone Again is cheese free power balladry!

And Breaking The Chains...not a great album, but wow that title track...and other songs...that cover...

One of the best debuts ever!

THOSE FIRST FOUR RECORDS ARE DAMN SEXY!

Beast From The East is BLISTERING metallic awesome!

• Like 1

And Breaking The Chains...not a great album, but wow that title track...and other songs...that cover...

Yes!!! You posted here!!! DUDE YOU FUKKING ROCK!!!!!

I love your positive energy about one of my all time favorite bands!!!!! You can't go wrong with the first four studio records.

I would actually give "Dysfunctional" a spin Myles.

They do a great ELP cover.

Lynch is a SEXY BEAST!!!!

"Mr. Scary" is one of the greatest instrumentals in the world. I love Wild Mick Brown's double bass thunder!

• Like 2

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

Totally underrated!

So I brought this thread back up because of Myles dude. Did you see his avatar? KILLER!

Yeah his latest fad is Dokken! He thinks they're the new Bon Jovi!

• Like 1

Yes!!! You posted here!!! DUDE YOU FUKKING ROCK!!!!!

I love your positive energy about one of my all time favorite bands!!!!! You can't go wrong with the first four studio records.

I would actually give "Dysfunctional" a spin Myles.

They do a great ELP cover.

Lynch is a SEXY BEAST!!!!

"Mr. Scary" is one of the greatest instrumentals in the world. I love Wild Mick Brown's double bass thunder!

See I like how you know that when I disagree with you on, say, Ghost its more banter and not an attack (like some took it...sorry you butthurt Ghost fans)!

WE LOVE DOKKEN...and soon I will get me some Ratt (and Autograph and Honeymoon Suite).

Will eventually listen to all of Dokken...they are an odd band. I don't love them because they are groundbreaking, I love them because they ROCK DAMN HARD!

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

Totally underrated!

Bon Jovi's early stuff was the closest I had to Dokken in my collection.

THESE ARE VIRGIN DOKKEN EARS!!

YOU RULE!

You mean a "Dream Warriors" line up! LOL! That is so awesome! What tour did you see them on? I saw DOKKEN on the "Back For The Attack" Tour! INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! "Sleepless Nights" buddy!

I don't think they toured the UK in 1988. If they did I missed them. I still have my shirt from the 1986 gig though it's one from their American tour, it has Dokken rockin' America on the back with the tour dates. The front has those same pictures from the program with the Dokken logo. It's pretty faded now, it's a raglan baseball style, it still fits me too!

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

Totally underrated!

Virgin anyway! :16ton:

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

Totally underrated!

Neither denying nor confirming, but I am not sure being anything other than true to oneself is an embarrassing thing. I have an amazing life and beautiful friends and I have courted some stunners in my time, and nearly married a GORGEOUS girl before I came to my senses that beauty is not everything.

Mock me I can take it!

Shoot me, well, maybe not...

IT WAS EPIC!!!!

Totally underrated!

Neither denying nor confirming, but I am not sure being anything other than true to oneself is an embarrassing thing. I have an amazing life and beautiful friends and I have courted some stunners in my time, and nearly married a GORGEOUS girl before I came to my senses that beauty is not everything.

Mock me I can take it!

Shoot me, well, maybe not...

And you wear scarfs!

• Like 1