Behold... The Arctopus

Comprised of Colin Marston (guitar), Charlie Zeleny (drums), and Mike Lerner (Warr guitar (basically a bass and guitar in one)), they take heavy metal, 20th century classical, and freeform jazz and condense it into an extremely complex, almost chaotic-sounding genre unlike any other.

Alcoholocaust

Transient Exuberance

Canada

Opinions? Personally, I can't get enough of them.

EDIT: There is a Continuum solo by Jordan Rudess on Transient Exuberance.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 31 2009, 10:06 AM)
I listen to Skullgrid sometimes, but definitely not one of my favourites.

And I heard Zeleny had left the band? That true?

Yep. What a shame... I'd love to drum for Behold... The Arctopus if I could actually drum. Unfortunately, all I could really offer to them is guitar and trumpet. laugh.gif

I saw them open for BTBAM. It was pretty intense to say the least.

that dude that plays the warr guitar is the shit. its like watching the craziest guitar shredder and the sickest of bass players in one guy. I wish more bans would use a warr guitar.

'Skullgrid' is pretty intense. But, it becomes somewhat of a novelty, pretty quick. The drummer's offshoot band, Blotted Science is much better overall. The BS debut album is the most precise, complex Metal recordig that I've ever heard...other than for Spiral Architect. Sometimes, when I'm in the mood for a blast of inhuman musicianship, I'll listen to all three. Throw some Spastic Ink and Zero Hour on top for good measure.

OMG! I hope that someone here can answer this question in the affirmative....

Does anyone here know about this album?...

Collapsar - Integers?

WTF? This is so frakkin' intense. Extreme Tech/Progressive is the genre. And, only a few bands are man enough to play this game.

This album instantly goes on the list for Top Ten most complex Metal masterpieces ever created. Look into it this one now, son.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 31 2009, 02:05 PM)
'Skullgrid' is pretty intense. But, it becomes somewhat of a novelty, pretty quick. The drummer's offshoot band, Blotted Science is much better overall. The BS debut album is the most precise, complex Metal recordig that I've ever heard...other than for Spiral Architect. Sometimes, when I'm in the mood for a blast of inhuman musicianship, I'll listen to all three. Throw some Spastic Ink and Zero Hour on top for good measure.

+1 for the BS and Spastic Ink reference. Ron Jarzombek wins.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jun 1 2009, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 31 2009, 02:05 PM)
'Skullgrid' is pretty intense.  But, it becomes somewhat of a novelty, pretty quick.  The drummer's offshoot band, Blotted Science is much better overall.  The BS debut album is the most precise, complex Metal recordig that I've ever heard...other than for Spiral Architect.  Sometimes, when I'm in the mood for a blast of inhuman musicianship,  I'll listen to all three.  Throw some Spastic Ink and Zero Hour on top for good measure.

+1 for the BS and Spastic Ink reference. Ron Jarzombek wins.

Yeah, go and check out this Collapsar - Integers. It will spin yer frikkin' head off. They gain immediate admittance to the starfighters club.

Archived