Mastodon Last Night

tHobbs

It was the most incredible show I have ever seen. Plus I talked to Brann, and got pictures with Bill and Troy. Ill upload some mediocre quality videos to youtube later if anyone is interested.

QUOTE (tHobbs @ May 14 2009, 11:16 AM)
It was the most incredible show I have ever seen. Plus I talked to Brann, and got pictures with Bill and Troy. Ill upload some mediocre quality videos to youtube later if anyone is interested.

you caught the show at the cats cradle? I think Storm Shadow was going to try to catch that show.

The show at the orange peel just sold out yesterday. Just picked up my ticket over lunch to avoid the line tonight.

Glad to hear it was an awesome show!

Yeah, me and the wife were there. Shit was awesome! We were in town a while before the show and I was chilling on a bench when I see Bill come jogging down the sidewalk by me. Talked to him for a minute, cool dude. Brann was outside talking to a group of people when we were in line.

We were right up front on Brent's side for the show. He gave my wife a pick too. The show kicked so much ass, plus I thought Kylesa were f***ing awesome too. That girl was good. My ears are still ringing.

Were you wearing a Rush shirt tHobbs? My wife was in a Caress of Steel shirt and told someone in a Rush shirt "NICE SSSSHIRT!!!". She was drunk. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 14 2009, 03:16 PM)
Yeah, me and the wife were there. Shit was awesome! We were in town a while before the show and I was chilling on a bench when I see Bill come jogging down the sidewalk by me. Talked to him for a minute, cool dude. Brann was outside talking to a group of people when we were in line.

We were right up front on Brent's side for the show. He gave my wife a pick too. The show kicked so much ass, plus I thought Kysela were f***ing awesome too. That girl was good. My ears are still ringing.

Were you wearing a Rush shirt tHobbs? My wife was in a Caress of Steel shirt and told someone in a Rush shirt "NICE SSSSHIRT!!!". She was drunk. laugh.gif

storm shadow, did they take break between sets?

glad to hear you had a good time. i went to high school in chapel hill. fun town for sure.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 14 2009, 03:24 PM)
Yeah, like a 40 second break, LOL. They basically went straight into Bladecatcher after The Last Baron.

thanks, i had read in another thread here that they took a 45 second intermission and was wondering if he meant 45 minute.

crucial information for proper planning this evening.......

cool10.gif 1022.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 14 2009, 03:16 PM)

We were right up front on Brent's side for the show. He gave my wife a pick too. The show kicked so much ass, plus I thought Kylesa were f***ing awesome too. That girl was good. My ears are still ringing.

i was not in a rush shirt, but i believe i saw your wife, youre a lucky man

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 14 2009, 07:07 PM)
I wanna know how Intronaut and The Ocean did? Weren't both of these guys part of the package?

The Ocean wasnt there. There was Kylesa though, a really REALLY awesome upbeat band. Great opener

What happened, Intronaut went on first, before ya'll got there? If that's the case, that does indeed stink, because they are worth seeing. Yet, I certainly understand the desire not to sit through a 'third' band. I saw Metallica recently and got to see one opener, Machine Head. But, I was the only one there who also knew The Sword's material and would have liked to come a little earlier to catch 'em as well. Yet, I know that this would have been a bit too much for everyone. Hopefully, due to the incredible strength of the new release, Intronaut will explode and be able to headline themselves soon, or at least, move into the more important opening slot.

Archived