What is your favorite Rush song to play on guitar?

DifferentStrings89

I dont play Rush on bass much anymore since im wrapped up in my own stuff, but when I do its almost always songs from Power Windows or HYF. After all this time I still cant get over how good some of those baselines are.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 3 2009, 08:35 PM)
After all this time I still cant get over how good some of those baselines are.

so true

laugh.gif I think the first song I tired learning to play back when I first started was YYZ. Yeaaah. That didn't work out too well.

But on bass I love playing Hemispheres prelude (haven't learned the rest yet). All this time and I'm just starting to get it down well.

QUOTE (mfratt @ Apr 3 2009, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 3 2009, 08:35 PM)
After all this time I still cant get over how good some of those baselines are.

so true

laugh.gif I think the first song I tired learning to play back when I first started was YYZ. Yeaaah. That didn't work out too well.

But on bass I love playing Hemispheres prelude (haven't learned the rest yet). All this time and I'm just starting to get it down well.

Yeah once you get that 2 finger attack thing down that he does to do 2 very quick successive notes, much of his baselines arent very hard because he used it so often. Im sure you know what im talking about. But yeah, starting out on YYZ isnt the best idea in the world because of the fills he does, which are tricky until you figure it out.

He used that double finger attack technique so often, but stopped doing it somewhere around Presto. Everything after HYF is easy as pie. I think HYF is his last truly great playing album, as far as technicality goes, although Counterparts does have some great funky stuff on it that's fun to play, but not difficult at all. Lots of chords on the bass.

Archived