Rickenbacker Model 4080/12

Wayang

Hi kids...

This is just a heads up for any Geddy fans who might be interested...I'm selling a 1976 Rickenbacker Jetglo (black) Model 4080/12 doubleneck bass and twelve string...identical to Geddy's but two years older than his. I'm the sole owner...it's near mint in the original case. Please check it out on Bjorn Eriksson's new Rickenbacker auction site: rickbid.com...and have a nice day, eh?

QUOTE (Wayang @ Mar 2 2005, 02:31 PM)
Hi kids...
    This is just a heads up for any Geddy fans who might be interested...I'm selling a 1976 Rickenbacker Jetglo (black) Model 4080/12 doubleneck bass and twelve string...identical to Geddy's but two years older than his.  I'm the sole owner...it's near mint in the original case.  Please check it out on Bjorn Eriksson's new Rickenbacker auction site: rickbid.com...and have a nice day, eh?

wow, If I had the cash I would jump on a bass like that.

Edited by Indica

Too much money for anything that isn't a car or a house.

Yo Cygnus,

You are so right about that...if I wasn't actively engaged in trying to keep my car and house I wouldn't be selling this thang. Oh well, take it as a sign o' the times...I've held off doing this for twenty-eight years, but what's a starving artist doing with a Rolls in the garage? Anyway don't worry about me...I'm still playing my '74 Rick 4001 fretless, which I plan to have cremated with me.

I'd like to see this 4080 go to a player, but if it winds up hanging on the wall over the sushi bar at the Tokyo Hard Rock Cafe, that'd be ok too. It ain't a guitar, it's an icon.

Tell all your rich cousins about it...

Hey, Slaine...read your 'graphic' about Italy vs. Switzerland. I just felt I needed to update your listing of inventions attributable to Switzerland, as you've omitted two subtantial ones...The Theory of Relativity and LSD.

QUOTE (Wayang @ Oct 20 2005, 05:29 PM)
Hey, Slaine...read your 'graphic' about Italy vs. Switzerland. I just felt I needed to update your listing of inventions attributable to Switzerland, as you've omitted two subtantial ones...The Theory of Relativity and LSD.

Don't blame me, blame Graham Greene for the omission od LSD as the quote is from The Third Man and he wrote the screenplay.

As for the Theory of Relativity, wasn't that formulated by Albert Einstein and he was German...

Right you are, Slaine...however, he was in Switzerland working for the Patent Office at the time of his big breakthrough. Apparently both he and Dr. Hoffman (LSD's inventor/discoverer) had their 'peak' experiences while riding bicycles through the Swiss countryside...makes you want to go there, rent a bike and see what happens...