Kirk vs Picard

ouchithurts

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 3 2009, 08:02 AM)
http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-08/star-trek-inspirational-poster.jpg

That is fantastic!

And Kirk, btw was the better captain. I watched both ST and NG religously (cuz I'm a nerd). Therefore, I'm an expert.

Kirk was more of a badass. Think-with-your-fist kind of captain and make out with hot alien chicks after. He was like John Wayne in space.

Picard = Svelt. Smooth talker. And he NEVER made out with anyone. Plus, he was bald. I think a captain should have a full head of hair, even if it's a wig.

I kind of wish this had been a poll. Would be interesting to see how close the numbers are. Obviously Kirk would be in the lead ( tongue.gif ) but by how much? These are the things Trekkies want to know.

Another "expert" chiming in here. I've been a "Trekkie" since TOS first went into syndicated re-runs in 1970 (I was aware of ST when it originally aired on NBC, but was too young to remember more than just flashes and fragments, which all came together, eventually)... I have the entire movie series on DVD, and I've seen every ep of every ST series numerous times. Love 'em all! I've even been to a couple Star Trek conventions! biggrin.gif

It's apples and oranges. Kirk & Picard were 2 entirely different personalities, with entirely different styles of command. Kirk was more assertive, he followed his gut. Picard was more cerebral and deliberate, he was after all the more experienced of the two when he took command of Enterprise D. While Kirk had a talent for somehow pulling off last-minute miracles, I think I'd put more trust in Picard's judgement.

BTW...I'm surprised at how few "Trekkies" there seem to be among 2.gif fans. Used to be that the two groups got lumped together alot. You have to admit, there's a very similar mentality between trekkies, and Rush fans...

Edited by CygXanTor

That was pretty cool; I'm a Captain Kirk girl, he's the most awesome. Picard was just way to boring. Sure he could act, but could he get the hot alien babe while beating up the bad guy? biggrin.gif

(and yes, I'm a total trek nerd. laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Mar 1 2009, 01:02 AM)
Kirk was a good deal more exciting, but Picard was a way better officer and leader.

Just my opinion.

Mine too. I like both but if I had to choose one to command my ship Picard gets the chair.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 4 2009, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 3 2009, 08:02 AM)
http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-08/star-trek-inspirational-poster.jpg

That is fantastic!

And Kirk, btw was the better captain. I watched both ST and NG religously (cuz I'm a nerd). Therefore, I'm an expert.

Kirk was more of a badass. Think-with-your-fist kind of captain and make out with hot alien chicks after. He was like John Wayne in space.

Picard = Svelt. Smooth talker. And he NEVER made out with anyone. Plus, he was bald. I think a captain should have a full head of hair, even if it's a wig.

Sure he did!

With Vash, Dr. Crusher, a few other girls. He was also married to one of them in "The Inner Light" (the one where he learns to play the flute and lives 50 years in the span of 20 minutes while unconcious).

Oh yeah, I know my episodes too hahaha.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 2 2009, 09:52 AM)
tell you what, Worf was a bit of a cat.gif did he ever actually mix it up in a serious way?

WHAT?!

Dude, you have to watch more man! Worf is friggin' awesome and fights in a lot of episodes hand to hand, w/ knives & bat'leths (swords) and everything. Plus he takes all the dishonor and crap to save the Klingon empire for many years back in the first few seasons of TNG. Great episodes revolve around this guy.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 1 2009, 07:07 AM)
Maybe they should have just compared which had the biggest "captains log".

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

I don't think we should forget Christopher Pike, who commanded the Enterprise before Kirk. (think "Menagerie")

Edited by Nootch