Most signicant moment in Drum History

the masked drummer

I love Will Ferrell and I enjoyed that movie for the most part. Much better than that shit-fest, Semi Pro. I have met Will Ferrell on numerous occassions (I have a friend whose Dad has produced many of his movies) and he is one of the coolest funiest people I have ever met. I've always thought he is hilarious and will continue seeing his movies.

As for comparing him with Jim Carrey, the difference is.....Jim Carrey was never that funny except for maybe one or two of his earlier movies.

Edited by theworkingman

I can't believe all the haters coming out of the woodwork. lmao

You'd think Will Ferrell had joined Dream Theater or something...

I'll give you four reasons why the drum set scene is funny to me:

1) The two step brother characters remind me of my two next-door neighbors growing up as a kid. They always were fighting. The fights got pretty intense and ridiculous. I'm sure most of us can relate with sibling rivalry and how competetive kids, especially boys, can be. To add flavor, John's character has an obsession with his drums and how he couldn't let anyone play them. I've met people like that and I think it's funny how they "don't want to share" just like little kids act in the sandbox. Drummers who don't want you to play their drums are very serious and protective of their drums and it's good to see people like this made fun of. I think it's childish behavior to have that much "pride" in a set of wooden cylinders with plastic stretched on both ends. i respect that it's their personal property, but C'mon man...

2) These step brothers came together in a twist of fate, kinda like the step kids did on Brady Bunch, but they're 39 and 40. To me, that's pretty creative to come up with that concept in itself.

3) When Will's character gets pushed over the edge and has nowhere to hide, he concocts the most sinister plan that anyone could ever carry out when trying to violate someone's drum set. Period. He flat-out "teabagged" his step brother's drums. Only a brother could turn to that degree of evil. It's a good example of how brothers will do just about anything to get a rise out of the other. How could you recover from a blow like that?

4) In the end of the scene, my fav part, the parents are so fed up with their dead-beat sons trashing the house they tell them they have to start jobs or leave. That ruffles their feathers a little, but when dad says "no TV for a week" they get frantic and Will goes to the extent of telling his parents "you're f#cking High!", as if TV is that important.

I think Will does well on this one, regardless of whether it deserves a grammy for best comedy or not. Maybe it's just 'cause I am a drummer.