Slumdog Millionaire

rushgoober

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Feb 3 2009, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (heartofcygnus @ Feb 1 2009, 08:42 AM)
imo, milk and the wrestler were much better (especially the wrestler).

Haven't seen The Wrestler, but I don't think you can compare those movies with this.

Milk is great in his own way, really great, but this is more of a modern fairy tale, and very close to the Indian aesthetic and narrative prototype.

I actually enjoyed Milk and The Wrestler more than Slumdog Millionaire too. yes.gif

Finally saw this and...WOW! this is an amazing film. For me it had the grand adventure feel of "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid", with a captivating plot akin to "The Usual Suspects". And the child actors were incredible.

This deserved the recognition it got. yes.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 10 2009, 06:18 PM)
Finally saw this and...WOW! this is an amazing film. For me it had the grand adventure feel of "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid", with a captivating plot akin to "The Usual Suspects". And the child actors were incredible.

This deserved the recognition it got. yes.gif

It deserved recognition, and I thought it was a very, very good movie, but it was hardly the best film of the year IMHO. I saw at least 4 or 5 films I thought more deserving of best picture, and I hardly saw everything...

Seen it last week, wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised and quite enjoyed it.