American Idol wannabe commits suicide;

GeddyRulz

Paula Goodspeed, an obsessed Paula Abdul fan who mimicked the artist's look and moves, auditioned for Season Five of "American Idol" and was dissed by Ms. Abdul, Simon Cowell, and Randy Jackson.

She committed suicide this week at the age of 30, overdosing in her parked car near Paula Abdul's home.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle5146531.ece

Edited by GeddyRulz

I watched the video and as far as singing goes she was obviously shit but I really don't understand why this show presents these "auditions" where people who can't sing at all go on the show thinking they can, when the producers must already obviously know they are crap. I doubt no one at all had heard her she must have sent in a tape or something, certainly some of the producers must have heard her practicing or whatever, so they already knew she was hopeless. Why humiliate them like that? It's just exploitation of foolish people who are not aware of their own lack of talent.

The braces comments from Simon "neck pants" Cowell were idiotic and if I'd have been the girl I'd have dismissed them and him without a second of lost sleep.

As for the girl's suicide, well it's sad, sad that she couldn't realise her worth in other areas and couldn't get her own identity together. She was probably in need of some kind of help, either from a relative or friend or some kind of head doctor and unfortunately she just didn't get it. The way they get humiliated on there though I'm surprised one of them hasn't chinned that dick Cowell by now...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 14 2008, 06:22 PM)
I watched the video and as far as singing goes she was obviously shit but I really don't understand why this show presents these "auditions" where people who can't sing at all go on the show thinking they can, when the producers must already obviously know they are crap. I doubt no one at all had heard her she must have sent in a tape or something, certainly some of the producers must have heard her practicing or whatever, so they already knew she was hopeless. Why humiliate them like that? It's just exploitation of foolish people who are not aware of their own lack of talent.

The braces comments from Simon "neck pants" Cowell were idiotic and if I'd have been the girl I'd have dismissed them and him without a second of lost sleep.

As for the girl's suicide, well it's sad, sad that she couldn't realise her worth in other areas and couldn't get her own identity together. She was probably in need of some kind of help, either from a relative or friend or some kind of head doctor and unfortunately she just didn't get it. The way they get humiliated on there though I'm surprised one of them hasn't chinned that dick Cowell by now...

But the humiliation is the main reason I watch the show. Take that away and American Idol fails.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Nov 14 2008, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 14 2008, 06:22 PM)

But the humiliation is the main reason I watch the show. Take that away and American Idol fails.

Yeah well they should let the contestants loose on the panel after each audition, so they can kick the shit out of whichever judge ticked them off the most. Like a Judge beating option for them. That'd make it watchable even for me...

IMO the judges are generally right. 95% of those people are not good singers and people know what they face when they get there. I hope nobody thinks that the judges are in any way responsible for her suicide. She had some kind of personality disorder.