Life on Mars

owlswing

I've been watching the last half dozen shows with a growing interest. Yeah, the '70's vibe is cool, but there's more to the show than that. Keitel is great here. It kinda reminds me of my Driver Parallel Lines game I like to play (it's set in 1978 and 2006, and in New York City.)

I just checked the link to the wikipedia entry, and it looks like the series is about over. Bummer, I was just getting into it. I bet it goes on DVD soon after. I'll definitely get one.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Mar 5 2009, 01:23 PM)

I just checked the link to the wikipedia entry, and it looks like the series is about over. Bummer, I was just getting into it. I bet it goes on DVD soon after. I'll definitely get one.

they are not renewing it for a second season. I hope they at least explain what he's doing in the 70's.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 5 2009, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Mar 5 2009, 01:23 PM)

I just checked the link to the wikipedia entry, and it looks like the series is about over.  Bummer, I was just getting into it.  I bet it goes on DVD soon after.  I'll definitely get one.

they are not renewing it for a second season. I hope they at least explain what he's doing in the 70's.

There will be a total of 17 episodes and a series finale to tie it all up.

Darn shame it is a good show!

Well... did anyone see the finale? I don't quite know what to make of it. It kinda seemed like something from a Red Dwarf episode. Huh. sarcasm.gif

It was an unusual ending. Goes with the title of the show though, they are on Mars.

At least there was some type of ending. I can't count the shows I've watched that have simply disappeared when cancelled.

My wife says, "she liked it so you guys can shut up".

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 2 2009, 07:25 PM)

It was an unusual ending. Goes with the title of the show though, they are on Mars.

...True. I didn't think of that.

Well, I got the DVD set and just finished watching it. Awesome show. Even the ending sat a little better with me the second time around. Still seemed cut a bit short, though. One season is just enough to where I get to know the characters and really begin to know and like them. Too bad the execs are too hasty these days on pulling the plug on a show if the ratings drop for a couple of weeks.

It makes me curious about something... do you think any more shows were taped, or they simple shortened the storyline and pulled the plug after 17 episodes? If so... maybe they'll show up sometime in the future on a DVD? I bet this show goes on to be a cult classic.