Neil's bike(s)???

lya2112yyz

You ride PCH up to Ventura? Hey, AlsGalPal, check out Happy Birthday Chicken Boy on Rush .com multimedia I gaurantee you'll start breaking up...Lorne and crew do a little prep work... 2.gif 1022.gif Anyway lets go ride...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode to work today. My first solo trip on my bike.

The commute home suddenly got too damn short. What a peaceful feeling, to be out on my bike by myself.

Oh, and the soundtrack for this spectacular, albeit too short ride? Rush, baby! Animate. Middletown Dreams. Mystic Rhythms. That's about all I had time for, there and back. laugh.gif

I took Olympic home today from Century City where I work at Fox Studios. I seen Neil Pearts friend and he was shooting some pictures of us cooks for something Fox puts together. We BBQ'd for the Emps. Anyway, Olympic is a good ride home...going towards downtown Los Angeles. 2.gif 1022.gif Alsgalpal, is Al your husbands name or you just like Lifeson? wink.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Sep 16 2008, 03:33 PM)
I took Olympic home today from Century City where I work at Fox Studios. I seen Neil Pearts friend and he was shooting some pictures of us cooks for something Fox puts together. We BBQ'd for the Emps. Anyway, Olympic is a good ride home...going towards downtown Los Angeles. 2.gif 1022.gif Alsgalpal, is Al your husbands name or you just like Lifeson? wink.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I dig Lifeson.

Eric is the mans name.

Biking can be a total kinda Zen thing. I took a trip to Ross Lake w/ some friends a couple weekends ago. One of them is a female rider, which has my wife considering doing the same thing. I have some pics maybe I'll post if they came out OK.

From a Vespa to an 1100? Hmmm... how about trying out an old used bike first to see if you like it? It's easy to find a standard Japanes bike in good mechanical shape for cheap. A guy I know is getting into biking and picked up a GS 450 for $650. That way, if you don't like the idea of a bigger bike, no financial loss. If you drop it, the same.

Just my $.02.

Here's a funny story about motorcycles - kind of unrelated to this thread, but funny anyway!

I've always wanted a motorcycle - and I *WILL* get one - someday. It's on my life's goals list. So I talk about it a frequently - because the more I talk about it, the more my husband and family realizes I'm serious about it (I just need to pay off my truck, so I have some money to buy a bike!).

So, my neighbors have a 2 year old. They're so impressionable at that age! As a joke, I decided to "teach" her that we are *BFFs* - not that she really knows what a BFF is, but it's cute when a 2 year old tells her mom/dad that we're BFFs. Then, to really rile up her parents, I told her we were BFFs, and we were going to get motorcycles!! tongue.gif

This has become a big joke in the neighborhood - and the toddler tells everyone about us being BFFs and riding motorcycles together (she's going to get a pink one, I'm getting the blue one). This has been going on for months!

So yesterday her dad brings her over to see me with some important news! Lily is so proud as she tells me, "I rode a motorcycle!! A pink one!!" Yup! Turns out the local fair had a carnival ride that was motorcycles, and there was a pink one! laugh.gif She was so excited about those motorcycles!! That's all she can talk about now!

I'm in big trouble as she gets older, because she's going to want to ride with me when I finally get mine. I'm sure her parents will make ME explain to her why they won't let her on a REAL motorcycle until she's much older!!

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 17 2008, 11:30 PM)
My car was fixed today, I still might ride my bike to work tho... wub.gif

Yeah, my truck tends to stay parked a lot this time of year, too.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 16 2008, 06:11 PM)
I rode to work today.  My first solo trip on my bike.

The commute home suddenly got too damn short.  What a peaceful feeling, to be out on my bike by myself. 

Please stay alert and safe out there! You have to constantly watch for people turning out in front of you (the biggest cause of accidents), or changing lanes right on top of you. Always slow coming to intersections.

Never assume that people see you, even if it looks like they are staring right at you!

That being said, enjoy the ride, and above all, ride safe!

BTW, here is a pic of my current bike...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/Motorcycle/2006C90.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/C90-De-Paired.jpg

Edited by rushbass

I got up at three today, did two loads of laundry, polished the GS, then took a nice morning ride on Sunset Blvd. Geez, the price for a quart of oil went up $4.00... Here's a tip for MX enthusiasts, try undergroundsteal.com for email specials on shirts, specs and what not. Also Pro Circuit is my favorite for my 2005 CRF450R and motoworldracing.com for all kinds of deals...nothing like heading out to the Mojave for a couple of days to ride those long dirt roads at high speed. Then get back to camp and turn major amounts of really loud 2.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif

Considering a morning ride from where I live, Wilshire and Normandy area, up to Sunset, then down all the way to PCH, that's a sweet ride with lots of sweepers and twistys, then up to Ventura County my home town...and the beginning of my 2.gif roots 1022.gif Today the weather is magnificent a fall day crisp and super clear for SoCal... 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 18 2008, 07:08 AM)

The commute home suddenly got too damn short.  What a peaceful feeling, to be out on my bike by myself. 

Please stay alert and safe out there! You have to constantly watch for people turning out in front of you (the biggest cause of accidents), or changing lanes right on top of you. Always slow coming to intersections.

Never assume that people see you, even if it looks like they are staring right at you!

Believe me, I know just as well as anyone else out there.

I grew up riding dirt and trials bikes. Just started riding street in Dec 06, ten months after a major accident after someone changed lanes right in front of someone I was riding with... He grabbed a gear and panicked and the bike flipped at 120 mph.

My story. I am the user known as Jane Honda.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 20 2008, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 18 2008, 07:08 AM)

Believe me, I know just as well as anyone else out there.

I grew up riding dirt and trials bikes. Just started riding street in Dec 06, ten months after a major accident after someone changed lanes right in front of someone I was riding with... He grabbed a gear and panicked and the bike flipped at 120 mph.

My story. I am the user known as Jane Honda.

I always got back on too...hope you're ok, now. I've had some close ones, but here's a challenger. Coming home to Los Angeles after leaving Ventura and avoiding the Conejo Grade, I choose the open Oxnard Plain and take Los Posas towards PCH. The winds I found out that night on the news hit upwards of 70 mph. That's already Hurricane force one winds. I rode at an angle and it hit me crosswind. That was a proud moment... 2.gif 1022.gif because I pulled it off all the way back to Mariposa Ave... 2.gif 1022.gif

For the life of my R1200GS I have been putting in 76 Premium 91 octane and it runs like I got rocket fuel in the tank. Lately though I've been trying Shell 91, and it's even faster... 2.gif 1022.gif try it you'll like it! Hey Mikey!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

I ALWAYS run premium in my Ninja. It's never had anything other than in it's 1874 mile lifetime. tongue.gif

I am trying to think of fun little mods that will make it sound like something other than a pissed off blender. laugh.gif

I know I may want to try an M4 exhaust system. I dig the way those sound. Eric has an M4 system on his SV. Another system I dig the sound of is Yoshimura.

I beat two hotshots yesterday twice off the line and smoked the Yamaha and the Triumph by 50 bike lengths, and they were at the front crosswalk line and I was back where I was supposed to be yet I still outshifted them with the GS... 2.gif 1022.gif

This morning, on a ride on the GS, the view from Griffith Park Observatory overlooking the west side and straight down on downtown Los Angeles with the fog layer creeping up the hill, it looked like you could walk out onto the dragons breath... 2.gif 1022.gif beautiful Sunrise today! Have a nice week and ride "sorta" safe... 2.gif 1022.gif